Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B and H4 Visa stamping together

Hello Sir
    I have my I797 and my H1B has been started from oct 1, 2011.
    I am visiting India next month , my wife is in India and never came to USA.
    My question is :::
    Can we both can go for Visa interviews at the same window as a couple.??
    I am going for H1B and my wife is coming for H4 Stamping.

Thankyou for answer in advance.

Yes and that is exactly what you should do. While filling the application online you will be able to add your dependents and fill separate Ds-160 for each of your dependents and book a single visa interview slot.

Originally posted by H4_seeker View Post
    Hello Sir
    I have my I797 and my H1B has been started from oct 1, 2011.
    I am visiting India next month , my wife is in India and never came to USA.
    My question is :::
    Can we both can go for Visa interviews at the same window as a couple.??
    I am going for H1B and my wife is coming for H4 Stamping.

Thankyou for answer in advance.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1B and H4 Visa stamping together

Thankyou Very much Shervin for your quick reply,
      which has solved my dilema.
      Let me elaborate my situation .
      I have filled 2 individual DS 160 in which have filled travelling companions as each other.
      but the confusion started while interview scheduling.

first one is:

As I am in H1b I can go to any consulate within India for H1b stamping and I am planning to go Delhi as Mumbai consulate is not opening Visa dates so frequently.( for me Mumbai is my regional consulate)
      but my wife is appearing first time for H4, so is it ok if she will be coming with me @Delhi only??(for her as well Mumbai is a regional consulate)

second one is:

while scheduling dates for Visa interview for my H1B I will select option as Indian citizen residing in USA., and then I am adding family member my wife as a second person travelling with me.
      but for her it is not showing the option as resident of India.!!!!!!!!!!!!( instead taking same grayed out option as Indian Citizen residing in USA only ).

so that is how it supposed to be or am I doing any mistake.????

Thankyou for answer in Advance.

Comment

I have filled 2 individual DS 160 in which have filled travelling companions as each other.
        >>> Don't start two separate applications. Complete your's and add the wife as the dependent.

first one is:

As I am in H1b I can go to any consulate within India for H1b stamping and I am planning to go Delhi as Mumbai consulate is not opening Visa dates so frequently.( for me Mumbai is my regional consulate)
        but my wife is appearing first time for H4, so is it ok if she will be coming with me @Delhi only??(for her as well Mumbai is a regional consulate)
        >>> That is okay. You can attend the visa interview at U.S consulate in U.S.

second one is:

while scheduling dates for Visa interview for my H1B I will select option as Indian citizen residing in USA., and then I am adding family member my wife as a second person travelling with me.
        but for her it is not showing the option as resident of India.!!!!!!!!!!!!( instead taking same grayed out option as Indian Citizen residing in USA only ).
        >>> That is okay. You can select the option as "Resident of India" for both of you. If you are in doubt, talk to VFS helpdesk.

Comment

Dont go to Tijuana MX. Almost everyone 221 g and several rejects

Dont go to Tijuana MX. Almost everyone 221 g and several rejects

Comment

H1B and H4 Visa together

Hi Shervin

Thankyou for your reply again.

I didn't got your answer "That is okay. You can attend the visa interview at U.S consulate in U.S."

I am repeating My question.

I am going for H1b , I can go to any consulate within India for H1b stamping as I am going for changing my Visa status from F1 to H1B and I am planning to go Delhi as Mumbai consulate is not opening Visa dates so frequently.( for me Mumbai is my regional consulate)

but my wife is appearing first time for H4, so is it ok if she will be coming with me @ Delhi only as we both are appearing for Visa together.??(for her as well Mumbai is a regional consulate)

Thankyou for yr answer in advance.

Comment

Sorry, I meant to say that you can attend the visa interview at any U.S consulate in India. No change to the rest of the previous answer.

Hi Shervin

Thankyou for your reply again.

I didn't got your answer "That is okay. You can attend the visa interview at U.S consulate in U.S."

I am repeating My question.

I am going for H1b , I can go to any consulate within India for H1b stamping as I am going for changing my Visa status from F1 to H1B and I am planning to go Delhi as Mumbai consulate is not opening Visa dates so frequently.( for me Mumbai is my regional consulate)

but my wife is appearing first time for H4, so is it ok if she will be coming with me @ Delhi only as we both are appearing for Visa together.??(for her as well Mumbai is a regional consulate)

Thankyou for yr answer in advance.

Comment

H1B and H4 Visa together

Hey Shervin Thanks again for yr reply .

I have tried to contact Visa center today but it is closed due to columbus day .

I am sorry but I would like to ask you the same question again and for making sure @ my side that

for my wife as she is appearing first time for H4 Visa interview and never got any US visa before.
                can she come with me to attend Visa interview @ delhi only ????????( even if her belonging regional Visa consular is Mumbai.)

please reply me.

Comment

The concept of attending the visa interview only at the U.S consulate that belong to the consular district no longer exist. now, anyone can attend the visa interview at any U.S consulate in India. You both should be able to attend the visa interview at Delhi and there will be no regional issues. If you are still in doubt, talk to the VFS helpdesk.

Hey Shervin Thanks again for yr reply .

I have tried to contact Visa center today but it is closed due to columbus day .

I am sorry but I would like to ask you the same question again and for making sure @ my side that

for my wife as she is appearing first time for H4 Visa interview and never got any US visa before.
                  can she come with me to attend Visa interview @ delhi only ????????( even if her belonging regional Visa consular is Mumbai.)

please reply me.

Comment

H1b And H4

Hi,

H1b is getting filed this month.Planning to get family once approved. I am currently not residing in the address as in my Indian Passport. because it was taken a year back. In my company they file H1b with my Passport Address.

Now I need to get passports for my wife and jid. For them they will get the passport with new Address.
                    Is it an issue while entering for Visa Interview together with Family?
                    Said that, I have my old Address in my passport and the H1B filing Address. Where my Wife and Son they have new address in their Passport and H4 Application.

Can anyone suggest? Hope it will not be an issue. If its really a issue and there is a Chance of rejection, please let me know how to resolve.

Thanks in Advance
                    SamRK

Comment

It will not be an issue. However, why did you file the H1B petition with the incorrect address? You should have given the correct address. There is no point in giving an address where you no longer live.

Originally posted by Samrk View Post
                      Hi,

H1b is getting filed this month.Planning to get family once approved. I am currently not residing in the address as in my Indian Passport. because it was taken a year back. In my company they file H1b with my Passport Address.

Now I need to get passports for my wife and jid. For them they will get the passport with new Address.
                      Is it an issue while entering for Visa Interview together with Family?
                      Said that, I have my old Address in my passport and the H1B filing Address. Where my Wife and Son they have new address in their Passport and H4 Application.

Can anyone suggest? Hope it will not be an issue. If its really a issue and there is a Chance of rejection, please let me know how to resolve.

Thanks in Advance
                      SamRK

Comment

[QUOTE=shervin143;249335]I have filled 2 individual DS 160 in which have filled travelling companions as each other.
                        >>> Don't start two separate applications. Complete your's and add the wife as the dependent.

Hi,

Similar boat, similar question. Any help much appreciated.

I am applying for my H1B renewal, and my would-be will apply for her new H4 stamping. We're planning to go together for the interview in Mumbai.

Here's what I understand:

1. Paid HDFC fees for 2 people: H1 & H4
                        2. Fill the DS-160 for me and her separately. Mention we are married (since we'll be at time of interview). Travel companions -- each other.
                        3. While taking the appointment, I add her as a dependent.
                        4. Select Resident of India option while taking appointment, since though I am 'Indian residing in US, she isn't'.

Can someone please confirm?

Especially, please check step 2 --> I do need to fill in separate DS160, there isn't a way for me to add her as a dependent on my DS160, correct?

Comment

What you have done is right. Separate DS160 need to be filled for each applicant. You should add the dependents to your application when you schedule the interview so all of you can attend the visa interview in a single slot.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post

Hi,

Similar boat, similar question. Any help much appreciated.

I am applying for my H1B renewal, and my would-be will apply for her new H4 stamping. We're planning to go together for the interview in Mumbai.

Here's what I understand:

1. Paid HDFC fees for 2 people: H1 & H4
                          2. Fill the DS-160 for me and her separately. Mention we are married (since we'll be at time of interview). Travel companions -- each other.
                          3. While taking the appointment, I add her as a dependent.
                          4. Select Resident of India option while taking appointment, since though I am 'Indian residing in US, she isn't'.

Can someone please confirm?

Especially, please check step 2 --> I do need to fill in separate DS160, there isn't a way for me to add her as a dependent on my DS160, correct?

Comment

H1 b and H4 visa related

Hi,
                            I'm in US on H-1b approved visa, but have not got the visa stamped yet, so i'm travelling to India to get my visa stamped.
                            But, my wife also needs to get her H4 visa stamped, which is the first time that she will b travelling to US.
                            So, we both have filled our DS-160 forms, and scheduled interviews on same day, same slot. My wife for H4 s dependant on my visa, and I have scheduled for my H1- b.
                            But, i have not added her dependant on my h1-b application while scheduling interview.
                            Is it alright? Or, we can not book same slot until i have mentioned her as dependant on my profile.
                            Can you please guide.
                            Much appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Regards,
                            Arpit

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X