Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consulate for H4 visa + job resignation

Hi,

I am in US on a H1B visa and my fiancee is working in Mumbai. After marriage we are planning to come back to US together. I got my H1B stamped from the US embassy - New Delhi and based on our address on the passport we both fall under the Delhi Embassy zone. Given this information, i have the following two questions:

1. Should she apply to US - Embassy New Delhi for H4 visa or US consulate - Mumbai?
    2. Does she need to resign before she goes for her H4 visa interview, even if she is on a medical leave?

Thanks,

Anand

1. Should she apply to US - Embassy New Delhi for H4 visa or US consulate - Mumbai?
    >>> She can go to any U.S consulate in India.

2. Does she need to resign before she goes for her H4 visa interview, even if she is on a medical leave?
    >>> Not required.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin!

Not to be picky, but do they ask why you have not resigned if you are plannig to go to US?

The new forms require even the address of her employer along with the contact numbers.. so just wondering if they also cross check information with her employer with regard to if she has resigned or not.

Comment

Not to be picky, but do they ask why you have not resigned if you are plannig to go to US?
        >>> There will be no such questions. Why will someone resign without knowing whether the visa will be approved or not. If the visa gets denied, then you cannot travel to U.S and you no longer have a job. Don't you think the officers will know that? Whether you work in your home country or not is least of their concern. But when a person enters U.S in H4, he/she should not work and should be a dependent. That is all they care.

The new forms require even the address of her employer along with the contact numbers.. so just wondering if they also cross check information with her employer with regard to if she has resigned or not.
        >>> There is no requirement that one should resign before filing the H4 visa. So this is not an issue.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X