Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents to submit at VFS Mumbai/Pune

Hi

I will be taking H-1B visa interview appointment for myself (renewal H1B) and my wife (fresh H1B) at Mumbai consulate soon. The VFS website mentions that
    "For Mumbai district applicants only: Drop off your required documents three working days prior to your appointment at a VFS center in Mumbai, Pune or Ahmedabad."Does any one know which documents we need to sumit for renewal and fresh H-1B visa interview? This information will help us to send those documents at the earliest to our relatives in India who can then submit those to VFS center.

Thanking you in advance,

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Omg

Here is my problem,
      I am traveling to Mumbai on 12/09 and am looking for an appointment on 12/12. If I have to submit the documents (including original passport) to Mumbai consulate how would I travel? Does that mean I should look for a later date or reach there early? Or go to another consulate e.g. Chennai.

Its a common sense question. I shouldnt even post it here.

Comment

I think passport is not one of the documents required for advance submission. Call up VFS to inquire.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

You are right.
          I am a dumb a$$. I am sorry for the word.

Once I am done with my stamping. I am going to spend one weekend in documenting an end to end process and put it on this forum so that everybody can benefit.

This is so far the best forum I have seen.

Go ImmiHelp Go.....

Comment

Are you sure you need to submit the documents in advance because I was going through the procedure on mumbai consulate website and it didnt mention anything.

Comment

Consulates in India have outsourced a lot of work to VFS. Therefore, they may not maintain everything up to date.

But, yes, you have to provide certain documents at Mumbai in advance. It has been there for many years, at least 8 years that I know of.
              Immihelp Support
              No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X