Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa successful stamping at New Delhi in October'11

Hello All,

I had my visa stamping interview at New Delhi consulate in October. Fortunately my visa was approved. Due to privacy reasons I cannot tell my company name but it was pretty big company.

Below I have mentioned the questions asked to me during the interview and all the documentation needed. I am sure you do not require any other documentation other than what I specified below.
    I also mentioned the documents that the security personnel asked me and arranged for me which we need to present to the visa officer as soon as we reach to him/her for the interview.

My suggestion is dont ever lie and be confident and don't talk to anyone else ever. and while answering to visa officer look into his/her eyes. If anyone tries to talk to you just say sorry and come to other side. If you are from a good company no need to worry at all. Trust me.

In case of small companies(<200 employees) or consultants, I would suggest carrying tax docs and some photographs with your team members and financial documents of your company.

Mandatory documents

• Interview Appointment letter REQUIRED

• Passport Original and photocopy (First page, Last page, All biopages)

• Submitted online DS-160 form REQUIRED
    • I-797 - Notice of action
    • I-129, Petition for a Non immigrant Worker
    • Labor Condition Application
    • US passport size photos
    • HDFC bank visa fee receipt

Supporting documents
    • Offer letter or employment support letter(containing salary, description of project, company description, your educational background introduction)
    • Previous experience letters( good if you have it but not required)
    • Original Master's Degree Certificate with transcripts. Original and photocopy---------- If applicable
    • Original Bachelor's Degree WITH MARKSHEETS) Original and photocopy
    • All Employment Authorization cards authorized ever If you have your current EAD card, you may take; however, this is normally not requested.
    • I-20's from Master's at San Jose State University In petition, please do not bring duplicates...If applicable
    • Last year's W-2 form NOT NEEDED but good if you take it....ask in some cases so gud if u take it
    • The current year pay stubs if possible...if currently working....shows proof of your current employment
    • Current resume You may take it.
    • Cover letter NOT NEEDED...You may take it.
    • A ticket or Itinerary for going to US If booked, then bring; however, not normally requested for a H-1B application.. you can even block tickets for 2 days by yatra.com
    • Last 6 months bank statements for H1b-stamping interview,,not mandatory but good to have with you
    • Birth certificate...Not needed but needed very very rarely
    • Phone bill printout if possible since that gives your address proof in US..that print should display US address. PGE bill(electricity) will also work...Not needed but again good if you take it.

Questions asked to me during the interview:
    • Which company are you working for?
    • Designation in your current company?
    • How long have you been working for the current company?
    • Which city do you live in USA?

Documents asked by me by personnel who will arrange and give it back to you for presenting it to the interviewer:
    • Passport
    • DS-160
    • HDFC visa fee receipt
    • I-797A
    No other documents were asked by anyone else.
    Just for your information, steps at embassy:
    You can take mobile.. I took it..they kept it in their shelves and gave a token..
    Security check
    Go straight to visa office
    A personnel will be there who will arrange the above mentioned documents and a number will be given
    Then, you will go to the first process of visa interview where you have to observe the token number given to you. As soon as it is displayed go to that window.An Indian guy/women will ask you fathers/mothers name/city you live in and then ask you to go for fingerprints
    Then fingerprints and according to token number again go to some window where actual interview will be taken by a foreigner.
    Then done.
    Passport will be delivered in 2-3 business days.
    This is the whole process.

I hope this whole information help you guys.
    Please mail me if you need any help and I will to reply as soon as possible.
    All the best people.
    Bye.

Congratulations Dude. Was it a fresh H1B Stamping or a Renewal?

Comment

Thanks

Thanks buddy! It was a fresh H1B application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X