Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H1 Visa

Hi ,

I am planing to convert from L1 to H1 . I have doubt like if H1 can be filed from two different employers at the same time.Will there be any chances of rejection of h1 if we apply from two different employers at the same time.

Could some one please clarify my doubt.

Thanks
    sJetty
    Last edited by Sjetty; 10-20-2011, 01:55 AM.

Possible. No issues.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Is it ok even if both are filed under premium process?

Comment

Yes, no problem at all with that.
        Just remember, once any H1 gets approved with change of status, you must leave the L1 employer join that corresponding H1 employer immediately.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Just a small addition to the below response.
          once any H1 gets approved with change of status, you must leave the L1 employer and join that corresponding H1 employer immediately "as of the H1B effective date". Meaning, if the employer requested an H1B effective date to be as of January 15th 2012 and if that gets approved on Nov 15th 2011, then you join the H1B employer as of Jan 15th and not Nov 15th. You will remain to be in L1 status until Jan 15th. So look at the H1B approval notice for the effective date. Any employment with the L1 employer after the H1B effective date is illegal. Requesting a future start date will help you have time to server the notice period if any.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X