Extension with Valid Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension with Valid Petition

I have recently applied for an extension which got through and was issued a new petition. My existing petition is valid till January 2012 and got a new extended Petition from January 2012.
    I am planning to travel out of US and want to get the stamping done in India before I re-enter.

Don't know on which Extension will they use since I have 3 months to go on the current petition and after the expiration of that I have a valid extention? Can you advince

Enter the extended petition information while filling the DS160. Carry both the petitions when you attend the visa interview. By looking at both the petitions, the VO will issue you the visa until the extended petition expiry date (If they decide to approve). When you re-enter U.S, you have to show both the petitions at the POE to get the I-94 matching your extended petition.

Originally posted by Arati View Post
    I have recently applied for an extension which got through and was issued a new petition. My existing petition is valid till January 2012 and got a new extended Petition from January 2012.
    I am planning to travel out of US and want to get the stamping done in India before I re-enter.

Don't know on which Extension will they use since I have 3 months to go on the current petition and after the expiration of that I have a valid extention? Can you advince
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X