Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opt

Hi,

My husband has spent 6 years on H1B and intends to go for MBA in US university this year.

Can anyone let me know the options that is available for a new company to sponsor his GC once he completes his MBA.

Do you know how long can OPT be extended after he has completed his MBA.

Regards,
    Vandana

Can anyone let me know the options that is available for a new company to sponsor his GC once he completes his MBA.
    >>> GC is for future employment. Any employer can sponsor a GC anytime.

Do you know how long can OPT be extended after he has completed his MBA.
    >>> Check the below link in USCIS website.
    http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

The question is that since he has already exhausted all 6 years on H1 and would continue on F1 so new H1 can't be filed for him unless he stays out of country for 1 year.
      So if his perm is filed during OPT period will he be able to work continously .I think that there is some restriction with respect to the fact that perm needs to be filed before 5th year onH1 in order to get extension.So I wanted to understand what can be done to allow him to work after his MBA without going outside US.Also I saw on the USCIS site all folks majored under STEM can further extend OPT for 17 months.Does MBA fall into that category?

Comment

There is nothing you can do to extend the H1B after 6 years unless the PERM was filed 365 days prior to the end of the 5th year in H1B. To get a fresh H1B, the person should stay out of U.S for 1 year.

Even if an employer files a GC now (when in F1 status), the GC should reach at least the EAD stage to continue working.

Originally posted by Rany_Singh View Post
        The question is that since he has already exhausted all 6 years on H1 and would continue on F1 so new H1 can't be filed for him unless he stays out of country for 1 year.
        So if his perm is filed during OPT period will he be able to work continously .I think that there is some restriction with respect to the fact that perm needs to be filed before 5th year onH1 in order to get extension.So I wanted to understand what can be done to allow him to work after his MBA without going outside US.Also I saw on the USCIS site all folks majored under STEM can further extend OPT for 17 months.Does MBA fall into that category?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X