No client letter - H1b extn. please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No client letter - H1b extn. please help

I have been working with the client for more than 3 yrs and now with an H1b RFE extn the client has refused to give me the client letter on a letter head

To add to my misery, my Purchase Order doesnt specifically mentions my name.

Can someone suggests some alternate workaround that worked in such situations?

I have got the matter of client letter in an email from my client manager though..

thanks in advance

The following documents may work in place of a client letter. While responding back to the RFE, include the below documents

1) SOW between the employer and the client.
    2) Printout of the client letter email.
    3) Check with your client manager to see if you can give his/her contact information to USCIS as a reference. If Yes, then attach that.
    4) Attach few appreciation emails from the client manager to you.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

The SOW has to be for the full length of the current H1 or if there is a line mentioning that it is an ongoing project should be good. Please let me know.

Comment

No project is indefinite. If it is mentioned as ongoing project, then the officer might give an extension only for a very short duration. It is advisable to mention the duration of the project.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          No project is indefinite. If it is mentioned as ongoing project, then the officer might give an extension only for a very short duration. It is advisable to mention the duration of the project.
          Thanks Shervin

I have included the documents in my response.
          Regarding SOW, my project has been going on since 3 yrs and it gets annual extension. I did submit the very first SOW and the latest. My only concern is

Is SOW a legal document? The one that I was provided by my project manager had no sign, nor it had any electronic signature like the Purchase Order. Hope what I sent is valid

Comment

A letter from the client will have more vaue compared to the SOW. However, if a letter cannot be provided, then the SOW would work. I have seen it working in place of a client letter. However the chance of a minimum risk is always there without a client letter.

Originally posted by ihaveh1b View Post
            Thanks Shervin

I have included the documents in my response.
            Regarding SOW, my project has been going on since 3 yrs and it gets annual extension. I did submit the very first SOW and the latest. My only concern is

Is SOW a legal document? The one that I was provided by my project manager had no sign, nor it had any electronic signature like the Purchase Order. Hope what I sent is valid

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X