X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple 1797. Which one to use in DS160

Hello Everyone

I am in the following situation and need your guidance:

I have two 1797. One is valid till March 30, 2012 and another 1797 is valid from March 31, 2012 till March 21, 2015. And my current H1B visa on my passport is expired in February 2011. Now I am planning to arrive in India in 1st week of December 2011 and leave for US on December 28, 2011. During this period I need to get my visa stamped to re-enter into US.

Can you please tell me which petition number should I enter in the DS 160 form, the one which is expiring on March 30, 2012 or the one which is expiring on March 21, 2015. Please note I need to come back to US on December 28, 2011.

Thanks for your help.

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

If i put the new petition which is valid from April 2012 isn't there a possibility that VO gives me visa valid from April 2012 even inspite of showing the current petition.

Comment

wouldn't be its better to enter the old petition and show him the new petition. This way atleast he can stamp the visa from the current date..

Comment

Take your old visa in the passport and check if there is a "Valid From Date" mentioned anywhere. You will see only the issue date and the expiry date.

Originally posted by manisjain View Post
          If i put the new petition which is valid from April 2012 isn't there a possibility that VO gives me visa valid from April 2012 even inspite of showing the current petition.

Comment

Read my previous answer. If you want to enter the old petition number, go ahead and do that.

Originally posted by manisjain View Post
            wouldn't be its better to enter the old petition and show him the new petition. This way atleast he can stamp the visa from the current date..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X