Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to USA (H1-B)

Hi,

Recently my H1-B is approved. (it is from small firm). Now I need to travel to USA in next month. I wanted to check if there is any issues in Port of Entry in Big Cities like NY, Chicago. I will be carrying all required documentation.

Should we avoid taking these big cities as first port of Entry Or there should not be any issue? I think as long as we have valid work permit we should be good.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

As long as you have all the documents and if the job is genuine, then there will be no issues.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

To add to what Shervin143 said, the only problem generally at any POE is with customs. Dont carry rice and seeds (cummin). This also depends on the city. My POE was JFK (NY) and I was not asked anything at all (though I had my heart in my mouth since I was carrying cigarettes (nothing illegal) and more than the fear of losing them in the trash can was just the fear of losing them). Whereas one of my colleagues entered through Minneapolis and the entire baggage was searched since the colleague had not declared rice, flour and sweet meats AND the passport number was noted to ensure that every single time this person entered the US, the baggage must be thoroughly scanned.
      This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X