Client letter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client letter question

We are applying for H1B for my wife through one of the company.
    Currently the setup is Emplyer-> vendor ->Client
    However this vendor is more like an implementation company rather than a Consulting company.
    So her employer is going to show the Vendor as the client, and is asking to get a client letter from the company.
    My question is will this set up work? Will USCIS still ask for End client letters? if they do, then how this needs to be handled?
    Is there much risk involved in this case?

Will you wife directly report to the vendor? Even if she is working at the client site, if a person from the Vendor's company is the person who manages the project and if your wife reports to him/her, then what you have mentioned will work. If not, then the Vendor is just a vendor and your end client is different and you will need a client letter.

There are cases where the H1B got approved without a client letter. So in case your wife will report to the client manager, then it is a chance that you will be taking without a proper client letter.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

So if there was some body that She would be reporting to from the Vendor at the clients place, she would not need an End client letter.
      I was wondering how is this information actually verified, as in who is she actually reporting to in the client place?
      If the Vendor did mention that she is going to report to one of their people in the client place, would there be any issues? They already have a few people working in the client place?

Comment

I am sure if you got what I was trying to say. Here is an example - Companies like Infosys, Accenture deploy their entire team at the client place and whole team will be working on the implementation under the management of Infosys or Accenture supervisors. In such case, the physical work location is the client place, but the whole project gets managed by Infosys/Accenture and not by the client. Only in such situations the client letter is not required.

From your case, it looks like she actually works for the client under their management.

Originally posted by anoopvn View Post
        So if there was some body that She would be reporting to from the Vendor at the clients place, she would not need an End client letter.
        I was wondering how is this information actually verified, as in who is she actually reporting to in the client place?
        If the Vendor did mention that she is going to report to one of their people in the client place, would there be any issues? They already have a few people working in the client place?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X