No announcement yet.

H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No updates for me as yet, docs submission on Nov 29th...

Anyone waiting since then or before?

Comment

• Hello,

Interview date:-7th Dec.

Handed over 221(g) blue slip.

Submitted documents on 23rd Dec without passport

waiting for reply from US consulate...

Comment

• Submitted docs for my 221g on 27th december...still waiting for reply from consulate. Though, I submitted passport along with my docs because the 221g form said so. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• @noisiaj
          After how many days you got reply? Isyour case was in administrative processing?
          my case is renewal of visa. Submitted documents on 15th Dec. When i call vfs center they say my case is under administrative processing.

Comment

• Does anybody get this message when they enter their passport number in the consulate website?

"Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate"

Comment

• Hi folks,

Went thru the posts and i am also part of the clan who has received 221g blue form at Mumbai Consulate.

Dec 9th: Interview at BKC in mumbai. Got a blue form asking for photos of petitioner's office space and other employer related docs.
              Dec 13th: Docs submitted at VFS. They didn't take my passport.

In an ideal case, was supposed to return to US on Dec 30th but had to cancel by tickets.

All this while I was only checking for my Barcode number to appear on mumbai us consulate website under case report status. But having read previous posts, I think I should expect an email for passport submission.

wishing everybody all the best.

Comment

• Hi everyone,

Here are my case details:

Visa Type: H1B First time
                Visa Interview Date: 11/28/2012
                221G Blue Submitted
                Docs Submitted on: 12/12/2012

Received Email from US Consulate General To submit Passport: 12/29/2012

Waiting for any kind of news on the passport.

Infact I called the DoS yesterday, wanting to confirm if my visa had been cleared, but was told that its under processing. Dont really know what to make of it. I guess, the passport has been put under Admin Processing after taking it in,

Comment

• @Nosiaj

Nosiaj, how long have you been waiting for your passport ? When did you submit it ?

Comment

• @Sandeepiitm

I got the reply in 3 weeks (15 working days) after submitting the documents. I guess it was not admin processing because my barcode number never appeared on the website.

@Dhruva
                    I think it takes around one week to get it stamped. the DoS may not give you the actual status, the 'under processing' stuff might be a generic one. better wait till Friday and start worrying then

I have submitted it on 3rd Jan. now sitting my fingers crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by nosiaj View Post
                      @Sandeepiitm

I got the reply in 3 weeks (15 working days) after submitting the documents. I guess it was not admin processing because my barcode number never appeared on the website.

@Dhruva
                      I think it takes around one week to get it stamped. the DoS may not give you the actual status, the 'under processing' stuff might be a generic one. better wait till Friday and start worrying then

I have submitted it on 3rd Jan. now sitting my fingers crossed.
                      Haha, Thanks!
                      I wasnt sure if DoS would give a generic reply. I guess fingers crossed is as much as I can do.

All of us on this forum need some good luck in this new year !

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhruva86 View Post
                        Haha, Thanks!
                        I wasnt sure if DoS would give a generic reply. I guess fingers crossed is as much as I can do.

All of us on this forum need some good luck in this new year !
                        even I am not sure. btn which number you tried. may be I will also try the same after couple of days.

Comment

• @Nosaij,

I called DoS at this number Phone : (202) 663-1225

Press '1' , Press '0' ,

I am really not sure if DoS gives updated case status or just those run-of-the-mill replies? Its worth giving a shot though !

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhruva86 View Post
                            @Nosaij,

I called DoS at this number Phone : (202) 663-1225

Press '1' , Press '0' ,

I am really not sure if DoS gives updated case status or just those run-of-the-mill replies? Its worth giving a shot though !
                            OK thx. I will try it on Friday.

Comment

• @Dhruva86,
                              You would be fine. no worries. BTW when did u submit your passport.

@Nosiaj.
                              thanks for replying to others posts.

Wishing all a Happy New Year 2012.

Comment

• @Gurudatta
                                I submitted my passport on the 30th i.e., 12/30/2012.
                                There was a three day weekend after that (31,1 and 2) being holidays.

Lets see how long the consulate takes to turnaround on this !

Btw, referring the time frame of BINDU on this forum, they take about 6,7 working days !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X