No announcement yet.

H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Gurudatta.. You will get your ppt with visa soon.

best wishes to all who are still waiting.

Comment

• Waiting for update from Mumbai consulate

Hi friends ,
      I have been following your thread for few days now and decided to chime in. mine is 3rd time visa stamping beyond 6 years and 7th year standing.

Interview : 12 th December.
      Got 221 g blue slip

Submitted documents on 29th December. Model is EVC.

Documents asked
      - employer tax returns, client letter, notarized letter of employees from employer
      - my pays tubs for last 3 years, bank statements for 3 yrs and tax return for last 6 years.

Around 400 pages of printouts

Waiting for status update. Was following threads, looks like receiving email from consulate within 15 business days is expected timeframe. Checking couple of links - one for CEAC CODE and another where we enter the passport number on VFS website for any update.

Anything else to check please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by nosiaj View Post
        Congrats Gurudatta.. You will get your ppt with visa soon.

best wishes to all who are still waiting.
        @nosiaj,

Thanks for the note. Hope the pp comes stamped.

Comment

• It's been 18 working days...Haven't heard anything from US consulate yet...
          Anyone else in this forum waiting a long time..

Comment

• Originally posted by abhi1985 View Post
            It's been 18 working days...Haven't heard anything from US consulate yet...
            Anyone else in this forum waiting a long time..
            20 working days here !

Waiting.........

Comment

• Petition revocation

Hi all :
              As mentioned before, we were waiting for any status update on our petition. Just today we got a mail in courier saying our case has been sent to uscis for review and revocation. I am thankful at least they gave us some direction within 15 business days. Your forums has been most helpful, can somebody please help me answer the following questions.

- Ours was EVC model and we are not planning to wait but to look for other options. The client where we used to work is willing to take me permenant directly. My I 140 is approved, pd is not yet current with previous employer but can be in few mnths, can the client file for new h1b and port my labor and I 140 in such a case ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy123 View Post
                Hi all :
                As mentioned before, we were waiting for any status update on our petition. Just today we got a mail in courier saying our case has been sent to uscis for review and revocation. I am thankful at least they gave us some direction within 15 business days. Your forums has been most helpful, can somebody please help me answer the following questions.

- Ours was EVC model and we are not planning to wait but to look for other options. The client where we used to work is willing to take me permenant directly. My I 140 is approved, pd is not yet current with previous employer but can be in few mnths, can the client file for new h1b and port my labor and I 140 in such a case ?
                Hey Andy.....did they just mail u a courier? No emails? Did your status change on the vfs site? I am waiting since 7th december and havent received any update yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluehat View Post
                  Hey Andy.....did they just mail u a courier? No emails? Did your status change on the vfs site? I am waiting since 7th december and havent received any update yet.
                  Nothing boss, no email, no phone call. Funny thing is the mail was dated Jan 6th 2012 and we got it today. Either ways, if it has gone beyond 15 business days, it may be better to call VFS or DoS and find out. That is my personal opinion based on this experience.

Comment

• 221g blue form

Interview date - 8th of december
                    Additional documents submitted on 8th of december.

Its been more than a month . I keep on calling them about my case status and keep checking case status on the VFS Mumbai site ( CEAC Barcode ) Nothing worked, last week i emailed them i got a reply requesting submit the copy of Acknowledgment letter ( Rs. 180 receipt ) so that they can track my documents for further processing . I scanned the copy and sent them . But i really dont understand , why would they need Rs. 180 receipt and they replied stating " track my docs for further processing" Did they misplace my documents ?

Please reply if somebody has similar situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by vaishu55 View Post
                      Interview date - 8th of december
                      Additional documents submitted on 8th of december.

Its been more than a month . I keep on calling them about my case status and keep checking case status on the VFS Mumbai site ( CEAC Barcode ) Nothing worked, last week i emailed them i got a reply requesting submit the copy of Acknowledgment letter ( Rs. 180 receipt ) so that they can track my documents for further processing . I scanned the copy and sent them . But i really dont understand , why would they need Rs. 180 receipt and they replied stating " track my docs for further processing" Did they misplace my documents ?

Please reply if somebody has similar situation.
                      Which email did u sent the query to?

[email protected] ??

I emailed them a week ago but now answer.

Comment

• Just called up the consulate -

He said the case is still with mumbai consulate and they are reviewing it. I asked him if he knows if the case is being FWDed to USCIS. He said in few cases they sent it but mine is still with the mumbai consulate.

I asked him if at all he can give me a time frame. He said most probably I will get a response in this week or the next week. He said roughly a time frame of 2 months.

I guess there 2 possible outcomes - 1. Mail asking for passport. 2. Mail saying case FWDed to USCIS.

Waiting is all I can do

Comment

• @bluehat

Could you please tell me the number of consulate..
                          where you called up..

Thanks

Originally posted by bluehat View Post
                          Just called up the consulate -

He said the case is still with mumbai consulate and they are reviewing it. I asked him if he knows if the case is being FWDed to USCIS. He said in few cases they sent it but mine is still with the mumbai consulate.

I asked him if at all he can give me a time frame. He said most probably I will get a response in this week or the next week. He said roughly a time frame of 2 months.

I guess there 2 possible outcomes - 1. Mail asking for passport. 2. Mail saying case FWDed to USCIS.

Waiting is all I can do

Comment

• Originally posted by abhi1985 View Post
                            @bluehat

Could you please tell me the number of consulate..
                            where you called up..

Thanks
                            I called the vfs helpline(mentioned the consulate earlier)

In the meanwhile, if you need any further assistance, our help desk lines are available to assist you from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday except holidays observed by the U.S. missions in India.

All India Helpline Number is : 0120-6611411
                            Note : Applicants calling from overseas need to add the India Country Code (+91) followed by 120-6611411

Comment

• Hi All

I have been reading this blog for quiet some time. I am also in the 'waiting' boat for nearly 2 month now since I submitted the documents. Details of the case:

Renewal H1B - but considered NEW since expired before 12 months
                              New I797 - Feb 2011
                              First Interview: 10/24/2011
                              Std Questions: Who is the client, Who is the manager, Who supervises day-to-day activities. etc.
                              Got 221(g) blue with almost all options checked.
                              Petitioner Docs: docs submitted to USCIS/client letter etc.
                              My Docs - Tax Returns/Bank statements/Pay stubs etc.
                              Employment model: E-V-C
                              Submitted documents on 11/21/2011 @ VFS Pune

Haven't heard anything back yet. Have been checking the status pdf and email almost everyday.

Anybody else submitted around 11/21 who haven't heard anything back yet? Please post.
                              Its very encouraging to see many on this blog get through relatively faster . Hope we join them soon

Comment

• Made it back to Boston.

It depends from case to case. From what I had been reading on other forums, the blue seemed to be least severe. It just depends how strong is your case. My case was very strong and the consulate only needed to verify if my company is a real company and that I have the necessary skills to perform my duties.

I received email to submit passport in 5 working days and received my passport in another week.

For Mumbai people, if you get email to submit passport, it will most definitely be stamped by next two working days. So if you submitted your passport on say, Tuesday then do visit the VFS office at Mahalakshmi Thursday onwards. You CAN go the VFS office even if you have not received any email to collect passport if you can make that trip every evening. The email to collect passport is sent from VFS office(Barcode scanning) once they receive it on that day.

This is what was told by VFS to us. The consulate closes at 4pm everyday, so the van with the passports come to the Mahalakshmi office by 5pm or before. The time to collect passports is between 5pm - 5:30pm. So if your passport is not there that day, then try the next.

Very rare that you would receive another slip after email to submit passport, unless it's in Admin processing for your name check, then it would take more time. Mumbai consulate seems to be working faster now. Just wanted to update everyone here. I will check the forum from time to time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X