Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H1/H4 221(g) blue/yellow slip

Hi,
    I went for an interview at Mumbai Consulate on Nov 1, 2011 along with my wife for H1/H4 application. I got a 221(g) blue slip and my wife got a yellow slip. So I have to submit the additional docs to process my pending visa but my wife does not have to submit any docs as she received a yellow slip.

I am still waiting for my documents from my employer. However, my wife received an email from US Consulate to submit her passport, courier envelope and copy of the email.

Does this mean that it is likely that she will get her visa stamped? We sent an email to consulate stating the concern that her H4 is dependent on my H1 which is still pending. So does it make any sense to submit her passport at this time before even submitting the additional documents from my employer? Hopefully we get a response from Consulate soon.

I believe that I should wait until the docs arrive and submit the docs, my passport and her passport together.

Wish you guys good luck for getting the pending visa processed ASAP.

Will keep you all posted!

Comment

No updates as yet. The updates from 24th November - 30th November were just posted, but no luck! Still praying, hoping, all that it takes!

Comment

Seems that most folks on this thread have received their visa's...noisaj, Bindu?

Comment

@SPatel, @Rakesh - any updates since?

Comment

Nov 30 Mumbai H1B new issued 221g blue

Any updates anyone?

Went for interview on Nov 30 in Mumbai. The VO asked basic questions and asked the size of company, which is less than 50. All American citizens and I am the only H1B for them.

Visa officer issued a 221g blue after this question and has asked for original packet, employeers tax return for last 2 years, letter stating there is vacancy for me there, list of all employees and a detailed report of my projects and duties.

I have been working there for last two years after I completed my Masters in US. Is it because my company is small?

Anyone else in similar situation? I will submit the papers by Monday, confused how long it will take

Thanks!

Comment

Hello All,
              I had a visa interview today (2 Dec 2011) at the Mumbai consulate. I had to wait 90mins before my number was called out (few of the display screens weren't working today). I received a blue slip 221(g) and they have asked me to submit a few documents. They also asked me to get a new passport since mine was a little visibly damaged (edges were bent)

I have a Masters from an Ivy league in the US. But my OPT was denied as I was late in submitting my application for it (stupid ignorant mistake). So I ended up over staying by about 57 days as I searched for jobs and wrapped everything up. (this was mentioned in the DS form)

My company is a direct employer and is a small startup. This isn't helping my case either.

So guys, what do you think are my chances of getting an H1 stamped? Do you know of anyone with similar experiences??

Thanks and All the best to the rest!

Comment

Hi All,

I got request from consulate to submit Passport on Nov 29th.
                I had submitted my passport on 1st Dec.

You all will get update soon. I hope i will get my passport next week.

Best Luck everybody.

Comment

Hi Spatel , congrats on getting the visa stamped. Can you share me your model was it E-C , E-V-C or direct employment. Also the documents asked ?
                  I had an interview on Oct 20th and was given a 221 g blue slip with a list of documents to be submitted. I offered to show the documents at the window itself to the consular, but she said that i need to submit them at VFS. I am still waiting for a response.

Comment

Nileshs

What consulate did you go to? What were the documents asked? Do you work as Full time? Also is your company less than 200 employees and a consulting firm with a lot of non-immigrants in it?

Comment

Mumbai Consulate....Its full time employment for a company with less than 200 employees in which most are Indians including the owner.
                      The consular asked for a bunch of documents.
                      Client letter stating there is a vacancy.
                      List of employees.
                      Financials and Tax Returns
                      Unemployment Wage Reports.

Comment

Sorry was out of town...thot mite as well njoi my so called vacation..
                        @anumehta

did not recive yet !!..

@ nosiaj

ne updates from ur end?

Comment

@AUMEHTA

any update from consulate....

I am waiting for my passport back from consulate.

Comment

nice thread and good discussion

Hello all,

I'm in the same boat as you all.. received the blue 221g form at Mumbai Consulate on Nov 28th and submitted the docs to VFS on Nov 29th.

Waiting for the email to submit the passport.

I had some questions and some clarifications to seek, hope you guys can help sort them out.

1. I believe blue 221g form is not administrative processing, it's an request to review additional documents from petitioner (employer) and beneficiary (us). And the case status update that gets published on Mumbai consulate web site is for cases where administrative processing is in progress.

@Spatel09 - can you confirm if your CEAC bar code appeared in the pdf on Mumbai consulate website? That will resolve this confusion from my mind.

2. @aumehta - I've also worked in the US for last 5 and half years and was not expecting this to happen. I came here on vacation and get my expired visa renewed. The difference here I believe is I switched jobs in May 2009 since my last stamping, the visa in my passport shows old employer's name and was stamped in oct 2008 which recently expired in Sep 2011. Not sure what your case is? can you please share your situation? that will bring more clarity in my mind.

3. Anyone here worked in EVC model? Employer-Vendor-Client? I have been working in this model since beginning. From reading the posts in this thread, even the new H-1B with full time employment have also got 221g, so not sure what triggers this review. Earlier some friends told be it has to do with neufeld memo, which focuses more on employer employee relationship.

4. @nosiaj I liked your analysis, but unfortunately the CEAC barcode numbers are not generated sequentially. I took appointment after a week my wife took the appointment. And she got AA001ZG **** and I got AA001ZE **** . Is there any other way we can get these stats?

Comment

@ bindu155

I was in vacation too. no updates from my side. It seems I will have to take more vacations

@ blueguy19

welcome to the boat. regarding the CEAC barcode, I thought it is getting generated based on the start of filling the DS160. anyway let us wait for the turn. My case is a direct employment.

@ Spatel09,

the same question, you got the email first or your barcode appeared first ?

Comment

Originally posted by nosiaj View Post
                                @ bindu155

I was in vacation too. no updates from my side. It seems I will have to take more vacations

@ blueguy19

welcome to the boat. regarding the CEAC barcode, I thought it is getting generated based on the start of filling the DS160. anyway let us wait for the turn. My case is a direct employment.

@ Spatel09,

the same question, you got the email first or your barcode appeared first ?
                                @Nosiaj..

Sorry for let reply.

I got email, my barcode never appeared in consulate list.
                                I had just got my passport yesterday. Finally wait is over.
                                You all will get your visa soon. Pray to almighty GOD.

Best Luck guys.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X