X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi bluehat

Hi bluehat,

Congrats!

can you please give me your email id ,so i can contact u..
    thanks!
    i have similar case.so just wanted to discuss more..
    pls reply buddy!

Originally posted by bluehat View Post
    I received the passport with VISA yesterday. Had to wait for 7 months in India to get it. Will be travelling to US on saturday.

Case –

Dec 1st week – went for H1B renewal stamping at Mumbai consulate. Was given a 221g for employee – employer relationship.

Feb 1st week – VFS responded(to the innumerable queries i sent them) saying that the petition was sent to USCIS.

Feb last week – USCIS reaffirmed the petition and sent the re affirmed petition to my employer. I sent a mail to vfs mumbai asking for next steps.

April 1st week – It took mumbai consulate 1 month to call me for interview. At the second interview the VO called the previous VO who took my interview in dec. They were very hostile and had the 221g ready even before the interview started. On the 221g they asked for documents that one has to submit only in case of civil court cases – like phone records, plane tickets, etc. In short, they thought I was a fraud. The next day I sent a mail to consulate to withdraw the VISA case to which they never replied back with.

April last week – Convinced the Vendor to transfer my H1.

May 3rd week – Transfer Petition approved by USCIS.

June 15th – VISA interview at Chennai (didnt want to go to mumbai). Granted VISA approval.

Questions asked –

1. Where are u going in US?

Told her the state

2. Which company?

Told her the name.

3. What do they (company) do?

Told her the answer I prepared for (The company is US based technology consulting firm and has good presence in US and India)

4. Where will you be working?

Told her the Vendor office address.

5. So you will not be working for a client?

I will be working for a client. Told her client name and address. But the employer has their own development center and I have nothing to do with the client.

6. What is ur highets qualification?

BE comp

7. So this is your first time with the employer?

Yes.

8. And you have been in the US before?

Yes.

9. Can I have ur old passport?

I gave her the old one. It had the previous VISA in it. She stamped it with “Cancelled without prejudice”

10. Can I see your I-129 and letter to USCIS?

Gave her the two documents. She checked them and said that she is approving the VISA and it should arrive in a week’s time.

I got the passport in 2 working days.

No questions were asked about the 221g case.

Comment

• After long wait yeasterday i got an email saying passport is ready for pickup,
      I am expecting my passport today. Hopefully i get my passport with stamping.

Will keep you posted.
      Did anyone got lucky apart from bluehat.

@bluehat
      Congrates !!

Comment

• I have got my passport with VIsa stamp Today.
        Please find the summary of my Case below.

Visa Catagory: H1b
        Interview Date: 24th feb 2012
        Result: 221g Blue ( Asked all documents which are listed in paper)
        Document Submitted: 1st Mar 2012
        Email from Cosulate to submit my Passport: 13th Jun 2012
        Passport submitted: 14th Jun 2012
        Email of passport delivery: 21st Jun 2012.
        Passport in Hand: 22nd Jun 2012.

I have been following this forum from the day i got 221g blue form and i found it really good source for all 221g applicants. Everyone on this form is updating with good information and keeping us upto date which gives some relief during this wait time and if someone gets visa stamp it gives motivation day oneday we will also get clearance.

During my Wait period i called to VFS/DOS for status of my case but couldn't get any useful information from them.
        Thanks to all of you and Wishing you all the best !! Hope you all get your visa clearance very soon.

Comment

• @Mayur25

Congratulations !! Wow what a time for the news .. just before the weekend !!
          where's the party tonight

Comment

• 221 blue documents

Originally posted by Mayur25 View Post
            I have got my passport with VIsa stamp Today.
            Please find the summary of my Case below.

Visa Catagory: H1b
            Interview Date: 24th feb 2012
            Result: 221g Blue ( Asked all documents which are listed in paper)
            Document Submitted: 1st Mar 2012
            Email from Cosulate to submit my Passport: 13th Jun 2012
            Passport submitted: 14th Jun 2012
            Email of passport delivery: 21st Jun 2012.
            Passport in Hand: 22nd Jun 2012.

I have been following this forum from the day i got 221g blue form and i found it really good source for all 221g applicants. Everyone on this form is updating with good information and keeping us upto date which gives some relief during this wait time and if someone gets visa stamp it gives motivation day oneday we will also get clearance.

During my Wait period i called to VFS/DOS for status of my case but couldn't get any useful information from them.
            Thanks to all of you and Wishing you all the best !! Hope you all get your visa clearance very soon.
            Hi Mayur,

Congratulations on your stamping ! I am in the same boat. 221 blue with almost all documents.
            can you please help me understand what the following document means? . Also if you can email me sample documents for the same, i will appreciate...(email : [email protected])

(1) A letter( on letterhead) from the personnel department at the US job site stating that there is a vacancy for me.

(2) A letter( on letterhead) from the personnel department detailing job description and duties, including an organizational chart.

(3) A detailed and specific description of the internal development project to which i will be assigned. Include a complete technical description of the project, employer, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned, worksite location and marketing analysis for the final product.

Thanks.
            Last edited by kamalpatel221; 06-24-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• to Shervin221

Hi Shervin,

i need your help..
              can u pls tell me ..what does it means.
              case sent to KCC..?

any idea..
              pls guide..

thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by pintoo View Post
                Hi Shervin,

i need your help..
                can u pls tell me ..what does it means.
                case sent to KCC..?

any idea..
                pls guide..

thanks!
                KCC means Kentucky Consular Center

Comment

• Hi All,

Quick question.
                  Once we get a 221 (and the consulate ask for more docs), then isnt it always better to withdraw the existing visa application and apply for a new one (and make sure that we carry all the relevant docs this time).
                  This way we get to have the visa stamping in say 5-10 days (as against 3-4 months in somecases where we submit the supporting docs in response to the 221g to VFS) ??
                  Does this approach have any problem ? Has anyone tried this ?

Comment

• to akhil_agarwal1

Hi akhil,

that i know..
                    but i want to know more about on that..
                    they had sent my case to KCC.
                    so does it means...it is still in admin processing or what..?
                    and how come i can overcome it.?

please tell me if anybody knows..
                    thanks

Originally posted by akhil_agarwal1 View Post
                    KCC means Kentucky Consular Center

Comment

• Hi:

I am filling up the form DS -160 online seeking appointment with the US Consulate in Mumbai to get my renewed visa stamped in my passport on my return trip from India.

The form asks to upload a digital photo. I visited a few stores here in the US and they refused to give the copy of the photo on CD etc. Do you know who will be willing to provide this?

Thanks.

Comment

• Hi Shervin

Hi Shervin,

i need your help..

h1b interview : 20-dec-2011
                        got 221g blue form and had submitted the docs..
                        again got mail from consulate : submit the photographs of work location
                        and again i had submitted the photographs ..
                        and after 1 month got mail ..
                        'your case had been refused and case sent to KCC"
                        and in refusal letter i got this information..

Based on the interviews and documents submitted at U.S. Consulate General Mumbai, we have returned your petition to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for review and possible revocation. If a consular officer receives information during the interview process that was not available to the adjudicating immigration officer at the time of petition approval and that shows the beneficiary of a petition is not entitled to the accorded status, then the petition must be returned to USCIS for re-examination. Due to this requirement, consular officers returned your petition and additional supporting documents to the Kentucky Consular Center.

can you please tel me what does it mean ..
                        is it being rejected or still in admin processing..?

Please shed some light with your thoughts ...

anybody has idea .pls give ur inputs and
                        has anybody got like this experience and wht i can do for next step .

thanks

Comment

• can you please tel me what does it mean ..
                          is it being rejected or still in admin processing..?
                          >>> It has been rejected by the consulate and have send your petition for further review/revoke with USCIS. USCIS will now determine whether to revoke your petition or not. There are cases where USCIS reaffirmed the petition and send it back to the consulate and consulate later issued the visa. You will now have to wait for the response from USCIS.

Please shed some light with your thoughts ...

anybody has idea .pls give ur inputs and
                          has anybody got like this experience and wht i can do for next step .
                          >>> Search and read the posts on reaffirmed petitions.
                          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

• Hi Shervin

Hi Shervin,

thank u so much!

i need ur suggestion in below questions..

let's assume ...now i am applying B1 visa , so i need to fill DS 160 form
                            so there is one question
                            Q : have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa.?
                            A : Yes or No

so in that based on my case ..what should i give ...yes or no..
                            pls give me ur inputs..
                            and if Yes then what i need to give in explain box :

refused OR it is still in admin processing.. OR other reason..

pls reply ..
                            thanks!

Comment

• let's assume ...now i am applying B1 visa , so i need to fill DS 160 form
                              so there is one question
                              Q : have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa.?
                              A : Yes or No
                              >>> You need to answer YES until your 221g gets cleared.

and if Yes then what i need to give in explain box :
                              >>> Mention that you received a 221g and the consulate has send the petition back to USCIS for further review.
                              Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

• Hi Shervin

Hi Shervin,

Thank u so much for reply!..
                                now i get cleared...

just wanted to ask..about my case , they had send back to USCIS (KCC) for further review..
                                so in that what can i do from my side..?

is there any email or contact ,,shall i call and ask ?

OR from employer side ..is there any way ..
                                can we do appeal against my case through lawyer..?

OR
                                i just need to wait until the 221g get cleared..or hear reply from USCIS side..?

pls give me suggestions.

thanks
                                best regards,
                                pintoo

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X