H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueguy19 View Post
    1. I believe blue 221g form is not administrative processing, it's an request to review additional documents from petitioner (employer) and beneficiary (us). And the case status update that gets published on Mumbai consulate web site is for cases where administrative processing is in progress.
    Originally posted by Spatel09 View Post
    @Nosiaj..

Sorry for let reply.

I got email, my barcode never appeared in consulate list.
    I had just got my passport yesterday. Finally wait is over.
    You all will get your visa soon. Pray to almighty GOD.

Best Luck guys.
    I think blueguy19 is partially right. You will get the email if your visa is not under AP. the barcode will appear in the list if it finished the AP. How to know if it is in AP or not, is not clear

Comment

No updates as yet.
      Congratulations, @SPatel.

Worries, wondering and praying that what's the next turn in life. A nightmare, a better road ahead? Careers are at stake, but this is the only thing in the world where we are helpless. Atleast for all other issues and troubles, you always have something to work with., somewhere to go with and know what to do next. Here, in the absence of any updates, its dark out there until you receive an email. Its being taken for granted and nothing is being done to help people, atleast get a better response in the form of better information and updates.
      Still waiting, as evident from the frustration above!

Comment

@blueguy,
        My employer has been the same. Only needed new visa stamp. And here I am. 7/10 people have been getting stuck and most people have been waiting for atleast 2 months. "Atleast".

Comment

congrats @spatel09

@nosiaj I believe blue 221g form is for requesting more documents and yellow 221g form is for administrative processing. The blue form I received doesn't mention Admin Processing anywhere, I've not seen yellow form myself but from reading similar forums it seems that form does mention "Admin Processing"

@aumehta thanks for sharing your situation specific information. I was trying to prove if this only happens for a reason like change of employer, but you proved me wrong.

@spatel09 does your new visa has any annotation? or a note?

Anyways, let's keep the status updated on here.

Comment

Updates???

Any updates anyone?

Comment

Dear Madam:

Greetings from the Nonimmigrant Visa Section of U.S. Consulate General Mumbai.

Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further.

We are ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter and the courier envelope to the Consulate General via any of the VFS offices. Please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.

Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time.

Thank you,

Regards

Mumbai NIV/vd

This is the mail i recevied from the consulate..Can anyone explain me what is the pending letter and Courier envolepe

Comment

Congrats @bindu155

@bindu155 congrats!!! I think this is the email I have been waiting for.

Pending letter is 221g letter, also take print out of this email while visiting to VFS office.

Did your CEAC bar code appear on Mumbai consulate web site? Please confirm.

Comment

@blueguy...My Bar code is not updated in the Site..instead got an email from consulate.my 221(g) letter is with the VFS..They kept it when they took the docs!..but i have the scanned copy..so is that fine??
                  How abt urs? any updates?

@Nosiaj...Any updates from ur end?

Comment

Congrats bindu155 !!

There is no update from my side. I remember you had submitted the documents on 21st. So you got the email on 15th working day. That is great. Hope this time you will get through. Best of luck !!. In fact my employer had sent the docs directly to the VFS and there is no response after that. So they sent me the documents again and I properly submitted them last week to VFS. So I think there will be some good news before Christmas.
                    Last edited by nosiaj; 12-09-2011, 01:14 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

@bindu155 that's good. I think my reasoning is correct, blue form recipient's bar code doesn't get added to the site. That is only for yellow form - and cases with administrative processing.

even I have submitted my blue form along with documents to the consulate. Yes scanned copy should work as well. All the best.

I don't have any updates, I submitted docs on Nov 29th, my interview was on nov 29th. And mine is 6th year renewal with I140 approved from the same employer.

@ALL keep this thread updated, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by blueguy19 View Post
                        I think my reasoning is correct, blue form recipient's bar code doesn't get added to the site. That is only for yellow form - and cases with administrative processing.
                        Yes. It seems right.

Comment

Originally posted by bindu155 View Post
                          Dear Madam:

Greetings from the Nonimmigrant Visa Section of U.S. Consulate General Mumbai.

Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further.

We are ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter and the courier envelope to the Consulate General via any of the VFS offices. Please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.

Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time.

Thank you,

Regards

Mumbai NIV/vd

This is the mail i recevied from the consulate..Can anyone explain me what is the pending letter and Courier envolepe
                          I also got the same message and I went to the consulate with the mentioned docs on Dec 2nd. They took my form and stamped on it and asked me to submit the passport at VFS. I had submitted my passport at VFS the same day (Dec 2nd). But still waiting on the status of my passport. When I called VFS now, they mentioned that my passport is under Administrative processing. This is a new twist!!! Did any one else has similar experience...

I hope your case would be different and actually get the passport back with in a week.

Comment

@H1-Bgotscrewedguy : Ohhh...so its been 1 week u submitted...Hopefully u get it soon!!..

@All..what is the diff between Yellow and blue form?

Comment

221g blue slip @ mumbai

Hey can anyone tell me what the blue slip means and the trunaround times? any info would be appreciated. thank you

Comment

blue slip from Mumbai generally means missing documents. That is what I understand from the posts in this thread. cant say about the turn around time in these cases. After submission of documents, some of the members got a reply from consulate in around 15 working days.

what is your status now ?

Originally posted by h1bstats View Post
                                Hey can anyone tell me what the blue slip means and the trunaround times? any info would be appreciated. thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X