No announcement yet.

H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also submitted my documents on April 4th Also emailed to them to enquire about my documents receipt status They have not replied me yet What do u think I should do?

Originally posted by nit_2012 View Post
    Hi DNY,

The same thing happend with me too.... But I am lucky that Consulate has got my document ...bit late...

I had my interview on 7th March.. Got 221g blue sheet as gift

Submitted docs at Pune VFS on 4th April... Called to VFS number (0120-6611411 ) and confirmed that they got it.... also dropped mail to Mumbai VFS... Got standard reply for that...

But after 2 days again got reply that Consulate got document on 16th April... I dont know why it took that much time.... From Pune to Mumbai its only 3 hour jourey and it took 12 days to reach my document... Strange....

Now again,

Wait game started.... Dont know when it over,,, but
    Thanks,
    NK

Comment

• TO: lrb42

Hi lrb42...

Drop a mail with scan copy of 221g blue colored gift to mumbai VFS ([email protected])... Mention all details ... and ask them to confirm with consulate about the document receipt and ask for acknowledge for the same,,,

I think it will work

Thanks,
      NK

Originally posted by lrb42 View Post
      I also submitted my documents on April 4th Also emailed to them to enquire about my documents receipt status They have not replied me yet What do u think I should do?

Comment

• Well Already did it on 16th April. and then again but no response from them uptil now. One good thing is I called DOS today and they told that those documents are in there databases So lets in next couple od days what happens

Originally posted by nit_2012 View Post
        Hi lrb42...

Drop a mail with scan copy of 221g blue colored gift to mumbai VFS ([email protected])... Mention all details ... and ask them to confirm with consulate about the document receipt and ask for acknowledge for the same,,,

I think it will work

Thanks,
        NK

Comment

• 221g blue

Hi,

Below my case:

Intw Date - 19th April
          Got 221g Blue slip for damaged passport
          submitted new passpor ton 27th Apr

No update from VFS after that and unable to check the status online. Any idea on how long would be the processing time for the visa stamp.

Thanks.

Comment

• alternate arrangements

now that we are all in this situation of admin processing, I have some questions on how you guys are managing the payment of bills and med insurance?

My case history:

Interview date : Feb 10th 2012
            221 - Issue date: Feb 10th, 2012
            Documents submitted: Mar 9th, 2012
            Received email from mumbainiv: Mar 23, 2012
            Additional documents submitted: Mar 24, 2012.

Waiting....

Comment

• Finally the ordeal is over!

Brief timelines on my 221G journey,

January 3, 2012 : Visa interview at Mumbai consulate (handed Green 221G)
              February 9 2012: CEAC barcode appeared in PDF
              February 10, 2012: Passport submitted

Never heard back from consulate. They hold my wife's and my passports with them. Meantime tonnes of emails and phone calls, emails to VFS, called DOS several times, asked Senator office to help but all was in vain

April 5, 2012: A phone call from Consulate

Told me that USCIS has made a mistake in expiry date on I797. Ask employer to contact them in order to get a new corrected I797 Meantime they will give me another 221G

April 6, 2012 : Receveiv passport back from consulate without stamping and another 221G (yellow) asking for corrected I 797.

April 30 : Submitted a new corrected I797 and passports

It took almost 25 days to get a copy of corrected I797 from USCIS

May 3: Passports in hand with proper stmaping

Finally this ordela is over and flying back tomorrow.
              I wish if usics would not have screwed it up at first place!!! Anyways it was a terrible journey of 4 months. All those who are going through this my best wishes and prayers are with them.

Best luck to all who are waiting for that email or phone call from Consulate!

Comment

• @sameerjan77

I am also waiting since feb 7th with blue slip.....additional documents 21st feb
                Regarding payments - I have a friend who's taking care of my rent payments..the rest of the bills is autopay so getting deducted from bank accounts every month...not sure how long this irony will continue
                ...hope we get to hear postive news soon...All the best.

Originally posted by sameerjan77 View Post
                now that we are all in this situation of admin processing, I have some questions on how you guys are managing the payment of bills and med insurance?

My case history:

Interview date : Feb 10th 2012
                221 - Issue date: Feb 10th, 2012
                Documents submitted: Mar 9th, 2012
                Received email from mumbainiv: Mar 23, 2012
                Additional documents submitted: Mar 24, 2012.

Waiting....

Comment

• Finally....Stamped

Hi Guys,

I have been a victim of 221(g) blue slip and was going through this forum for reference during this time..I finally recieved my ppt stamped and wanted to share with you all my history.
                  I came India on three weeks vacation but unfortunately held up here due to 221(g).
                  I was just asked by VO in interview whether my client assigns me work. First I gave an indirect answer saying we all work as a IT team including Client and My company employees. Then he again asked same question for Yes or No. I replied Yes. That was enough for him to hand me a 221(G) blue slip. Here is my history :

Interview date - 31st Jan,2012 : Handed blue slip by Mumbai Consulate
                  Docs submitted: 13th Feb,2012
                  Recieve email from Consulate to submit ppt : 25th April, 2012
                  Submitted PPT : 26th April,2012
                  Stamped PPt recieved on : 3rd May,2012

Mine is Big employer having E-C model. During this time, sent so many emails to VFS, called DOS but I dont think it of any use. We just need to patient.
                  I know its really difficult wait time for all of us..but I hope and pray for all to get it cleared.
                  Please let me know if you have questions and I will be happy to help in any way or other

Thanks

Comment

• Congs blue221. Have a safe journey.

What are the documents asked to you?

My details:

Interview : 20th March 2012 - Rcvd 221g at Mumbai consulate
                    Doc Submitted : 10th Apr 2012
                    Rcvd mail to submit additional doc : 20th Apr 2012
                    Submitted additional doc : 30th Apr 2012

Working under E-C model.

Hope each one will get rid of this unwanted 221g gift soon.
                    Last edited by ashishkp; 05-04-2012, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Thanks ashishkp.

I have been requested for almost all the documents present in 221 blue form which includes
                      petition copy,petitioner's income tax return doc, notarized list of all the petioner's employees, letter for vacancy, job details/org chart. Apart from this my personal docs lik certificates, w2 etc

I hope u all get the response soon. just b patient and pray thats all v can do

Comment

• Hi,

I had received 221g Blue at Mumbai in December 2011. I was asked for all employer related documents. Took them two weeks after submitting documents to get Visa stamped. As far as I read online, 221g Blue is the least severe of the slips. Consulates are giving it out because a lot of people found H1-B loophole and it came under the Immigration dept radar. I will post the article if I can find it.

Read my previous post if interested about my process. It was terrible wait but it works out in the end if you work for a genuine company and do have the skills required for that position. Just depends on the backlog of the officer you interviewed and a lil bit of luck.

Comment

• Any updates from anyone

Anyone waiting since december? I am waiting since December 29th.

Comment

• waiting since Dec 9th

I am waiting since December 9th. Documents submitted on Dec 13th.

Originally posted by blue_wait View Post
                            Anyone waiting since december? I am waiting since December 29th.

Comment

• Sandy1380 and blue_wait,

Are you both working on EVC model or E-C model. I am also waiting from 20th December (interview Date) and 23rd Dec (documents submission date) and am working on E-V-C model.

Comment

• @blue 221

Congrats man.

Originally posted by blue221 View Post
                                Thanks ashishkp.

I have been requested for almost all the documents present in 221 blue form which includes
                                petition copy,petitioner's income tax return doc, notarized list of all the petioner's employees, letter for vacancy, job details/org chart. Apart from this my personal docs lik certificates, w2 etc

I hope u all get the response soon. just b patient and pray thats all v can do

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X