Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNU Name change after H1 Approval

Hi,

I came to USA on a F1 Visa and I just got my H1 approved recently. I have an FNU in my name, and want to add a last name to my Indian Passport.

If I change my name in the passport –

1. Do I need to leave the country and come back?
    2. How does this affect my H1 approval ?
    3. Does anyone know any attorney who can help me with the name change process?

Please let me know as I am looking at getting my name changed in the next 2 months. ANY help suggestions/feedback are welcome!

Thanks a lot!!

1. Do I need to leave the country and come back?
    >>> Not required. You need to do that only if you want your I-94 to have the corrected name.

2. How does this affect my H1 approval ?
    >>> You will have to file an H1B amendment to correct the name.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi, Thanks!!! How can I get it amended in my H1 - pl. advice.

Comment

The employer will need to file a new I-129. Search and read the instructions to file form I-129 in uscis.gov.
        https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-petition-amendment/

Originally posted by SPI View Post
        Hi, Thanks!!! How can I get it amended in my H1 - pl. advice.

Comment

Hi,

Were any of you able to successfully change your name .. If yes can you please share your experience?

I am looking forward to change my name on my passport and consequently on H-1/I-797 and any help here would be greatly appreciated.

What is the fee of filing an amendment in H-1 ( form I-129 ) and how long does it take to get the approved petition back?

Thanks...

Comment

Check the below link for changing your name in the passport.
            https:///name-change-correction-in-i...ssport-in-usa/

Once you get the name changed in the passport, an H1B amendment need to be filed. Check uscis.gov for the latest filing fee. Amendment takes about 2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

Originally posted by dohtem1985 View Post
            Hi,

Were any of you able to successfully change your name .. If yes can you please share your experience?

I am looking forward to change my name on my passport and consequently on H-1/I-797 and any help here would be greatly appreciated.

What is the fee of filing an amendment in H-1 ( form I-129 ) and how long does it take to get the approved petition back?

Thanks...
            Last edited by shervin143; 03-24-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X