No announcement yet.

How to get H1 & H4 visa dates together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get H1 & H4 visa dates together?

Hi All,

I have a very simple question that how to get H1(for me) and H4 (for spouse and child) visa date together in Mumbai?
    I filled entire DS 160 and provided all info of souse and child being on H4 currently in US with H4 approval notice # (EAC..). At the end it asked me to sign and i had a note on the top that I indicated that I am travelling for multi purpose and will need more than one visa.
    Does it mean that I will need H1 and H4 for me? Is that it or Am I missing anything?
    Once I submit DS160? What's the next step for all of us?

Please guide.

Thanks,

V.

Each Visa applicant has to fill a separate DS 160 form. Fill the form as if the applicant is present outside the US (at the time of interview). Approval notices for H4 are immaterial for this purpose. The only petition that matters is your employer's H1 petition.
    You can scrap the form that you have already submitted and submit a fresh form again. After all three forms are submitted with three separate barcode numbers, you can go ahead to VFS website for scheduling interview.
    Start booking appointment for yourself first and somewhere in the process the system will ask you if you want to add other family members to the same appointment. Do that and all of you can appear for the interview in the same slot.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks! How to scrap if submitted ds 160

Thanks Kabkaba alot. That;s helpful information.
      Unfortunetly I submitted DS 160. I haven't paid the fees yet. Is there a way to edit/change the info?

Thanks,

V.

Comment

There is no option to edit the DS160 that is already submitted. However, you can fill a new one and subit it again and it will overwrite the old one.

Originally posted by vishals_me View Post
        Thanks Kabkaba alot. That;s helpful information.
        Unfortunetly I submitted DS 160. I haven't paid the fees yet. Is there a way to edit/change the info?

Thanks,

V.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin143!
          I can certainly create new one but how it will know which one to overwrite? Is it ok to disregard the last ds 160?

Comment

The people who wrote the software is smart enough to know that. Yo don't have to worry about how it is done internally. Just go ahead and create a new DS160 and submit it. The lastest one will take effective. This is based on the assumption that you have not taken the appointment yet.

Originally posted by vishals_me View Post
            Thanks Shervin143!
            I can certainly create new one but how it will know which one to overwrite? Is it ok to disregard the last ds 160?
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

You can fill and submit DS160 as many times as you like. Only the barcode number that you use to book the appointment matters.
              This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Kabkaba!

Great! Thanks Kabkaba!

Thanks,

V.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X