Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently living in US and going to India for first time H1B stamping

Hi,

My COS approved from F1 to H1B and I am currently on H1B (since this October). I have been in US for almost 4 years and I'm planning to go to Delhi for visa interview.

Though I'm originally from Andhra, can I go to any other consulate for visa interview for my first time H1B stamping since I am living in U.S?

Please respond ASAP.

Thank you.

You can apply at any US Consulate/Embassy in India.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for quick response. I have got an email from VFS support saying that since this is my first time H1B stamping, I should attend interview at my consular district.

Does anyone with similar situation got their stamping done in a diffferent consulate other than their local?

Is this true? According to the information provided on consulate website, a US resident (residing in US for more than 6 months) can attend interview at any of the consulates.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

You should be able to attend the interview at any U.S consulate in India.

Originally posted by mr16 View Post
        Thank you for quick response. I have got an email from VFS support saying that since this is my first time H1B stamping, I should attend interview at my consular district.

Does anyone with similar situation got their stamping done in a diffferent consulate other than their local?

Is this true? According to the information provided on consulate website, a US resident (residing in US for more than 6 months) can attend interview at any of the consulates.

Thanks in advance.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

It does not really matter, just apply wherever it is convenient to you.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X