• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 procedure

Hi,
    Thanks everyone sharing your knowledge with people like me

Here I have questions like
    1. Unfortunately I am not finding any links to understand the H4 to H1 process .
    2. Say I apply H1 and as soon I get the I797 receipt I start working for some XYZ company.Assume that H1 got denied after 4 months,During that I no need to apply for H4 visa as I am still on H4 visa ,Is that correct?
    3. It is very confussing If denied after some time what are the options I will have.
    4. In the future Ig I want to conver H1 to H4 what is the procedure?

Please explaining me with details

Thanks in advance for your time and help

Regards,

[*]Unfortunately I am not finding any links to understand the H4 to H1 process .
    >>> There is no special process. Find an employer who can sponsor you a H1B and handover all the documents that the employer requests. They will be able to file a COS from H4 to H1B.

[*]Say I apply H1 and as soon I get the I797 receipt I start working for some XYZ company.Assume that H1 got denied after 4 months,During that I no need to apply for H4 visa as I am still on H4 visa ,Is that correct?
    >>> You cannot work until the COS to H1B gets approved (with a new I-94). If you work on the receipt notice, then that will be illegal employment. If the H1B gets denied, then you will remain to be in H4 status.

[*] It is very confussing If denied after some time what are the options I will have.
    >>> Nothing. You will remain in H4 status as long as the H4 I-94 remains valid.

[*]In the future Ig I want to conver H1 to H4 what is the procedure?
    >>> You need to file form I-539. Search the USCIS.gov website for the instructions to file form I-539.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X