Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b stamping - sibling US citizen.

Hello all,

My friend has an h1b stamping interview in the coming month. He has got his h1b approval some time back. However, he is worried as his brother is already a US as a citizen.

1. Is it going to a a problem have a citizen sibling in the US already while going for stamping ?
    2. Does he require to disclose this information to the VO in the DS application form ? Or would the VO know about this if its not mentioned ?
    3. I have read some threads that, its good to show strong ties to the country. Please let us know what kind-off ties can he show other than property ?

Thanks for reading, please help.

Thanks, Deep

Originally posted by deepsea View Post
    Hello all,

My friend has an h1b stamping interview in the coming month. He has got his h1b approval some time back. However, he is worried as his brother is already a US as a citizen.

1. Is it going to a a problem have a citizen sibling in the US already while going for stamping ?
    Absolutely no problem.
    2. Does he require to disclose this information to the VO in the DS application form ? Or would the VO know about this if its not mentioned ?
    Yes, there is specific question in DS 160. There is no reason to hide this. It will not affect H1B application.
    3. I have read some threads that, its good to show strong ties to the country. Please let us know what kind-off ties can he show other than property ?
    That only applies to F1 or B1/B2 Visas. It does not apply to H or L Visas.
    Thanks for reading, please help.

Thanks, Deep
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Kabkaba,

Have another question. Sorry, dint post it all together. During 2005 my friend discontinued his MS program and came back to India, because of personal and family situation and took up a decent job here. Never went back though he got the opportunity twice later on. Would this be a setback during the H1b stamping? All the required proofs and documents for validating the my reason is available, wonder if I should carry all this.

Additionally, he also has a Az PR and traveled to AZ. Should raise and questions or eye brows further ?

Thanks again & Best Regards, Deep

Comment

Previous visits will not affect H1 Visa. Having other country PR's (I assume Az is some other country) will also not affect.

Comment

Thanks kabkaba,

My friend has a sibling who has applied for spousal visa, married to a citizen and would be attending the visa interview the very next week after the h1b visa interview of my friend.

Should my friend disclose any information about sibling applied for spousal visa either in the DS-160 forms or when questioned by the vo?

Also attending the h1b interview have any impact on the spousal visa of his siblings ?

Thanks in advance, Deep

Comment

DS 160 asks about the status of immediate relatives in the US. So if his sibling is in the US in any status at that time, answer accordingly. It will have absolutely no effect on the outcome.

Comment

Thanks - My friend has a DS-160 query as he attended US university for a brief period of time, but discontinued and withdrew from the courses before leaving the country.

The DS-160 form states "Have you attended education institutions other that elementary school?"
              Should he mention the university which he attended for a brief period of time along with all the relevent details ?

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
              DS 160 asks about the status of immediate relatives in the US. So if his sibling is in the US in any status at that time, answer accordingly. It will have absolutely no effect on the outcome.

Comment

Yes. He should mention that he dropped out.

Thanks - My friend has a DS-160 query as he attended US university for a brief period of time, but discontinued and withdrew from the courses before leaving the country.

The DS-160 form states "Have you attended education institutions other that elementary school?"
                Should he mention the university which he attended for a brief period of time along with all the relevent details ?
                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks - Is there a text box available in the DS form online to provide this information ? From what I read we can only enter the name of the university, address, course name and dates.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                  Yes. He should mention that he dropped out.

Comment

I mean, mention that he dropped out if asked during the visa interview. Check with the VFS helpdesk if you need more clarification.

Thanks - Is there a text box available in the DS form online to provide this information ? From what I read we can only enter the name of the university, address, course name and dates.
                    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X