Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 Visa Application Information (while H1b is on 221g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Application Information (while H1b is on 221g)

Hello,

My husband received 221g for his H1b visa.. I have a few questions:

1. We are applying for his H4 visa within 10 days of his h1b interview date - is that a problem ?
    do we need a gap of fix number of days before going for h4?

2. While submitting the DS160 form for H4 visa, how do we answer the following questions:

a. Has your U.S. Visa ever been cancelled or revoked? - YES/NO
    explain ? - what should we write as explanation ?

b. Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry? - YES / NO
    explain ? - what should we write as explanation?

The earliest response would be truly appreciated...

Thanks a lot,
    Dimpee

is it at all possible to apply for h4 while h1 is under 221g ?

i called their helpdesk and they said - u have to withdraw ur h1b in order to apply for h4 .. is that true?

Comment

1. We are applying for his H4 visa within 10 days of his h1b interview date - is that a problem ?
      do we need a gap of fix number of days before going for h4?
      >>> No issues. You can apply.

2. While submitting the DS160 form for H4 visa, how do we answer the following questions:

a. Has your U.S. Visa ever been cancelled or revoked? - YES/NO
      explain ? - what should we write as explanation ?
      >>> Have you ever been refused a U.S visa at a Consulate? If yes, then answer YES and explain the reason that was given to you for the visa refusal.

b. Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry? - YES / NO
      explain ? - what should we write as explanation?
      >>> The question is very clear. Answer YES if you were ever refused a U.S visa or denied entry into U.S at the POE and give the reason that was given to you. Otherwise answer NO.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

is it at all possible to apply for h4 while h1 is under 221g ?
        >>> Possible.

i called their helpdesk and they said - u have to withdraw ur h1b in order to apply for h4 .. is that true?
        >>> You need to do that only if the primary applicant's approval notice (I-797) is with the consulate pending 221g. If you have original approval notice of the primary H1B holder, then you can go ahead and apply for H4.

Comment

So re-iterating for confirmation:

My H1b is valid and have the visa stamped (Dimpee - wife)
          My husband went for H1b visa and got 221g for more documentation - he can apply for h4 as long as I have confirmed I797 and visa on my passport.. Correct ?

Does it not matter that he has applied for 2 visa's at the same time ?

Would 221g be considered U.S. Visa being cancelled or revoked ?

Appreciate your prompt response, thank you
          Dimpee

Comment

My H1b is valid and have the visa stamped (Dimpee - wife)
            My husband went for H1b visa and got 221g for more documentation - he can apply for h4 as long as I have confirmed I797 and visa on my passport.. Correct ?
            >>> That is correct. Your visa is not important. Your valid I-797 approval notice is what is important.

Does it not matter that he has applied for 2 visa's at the same time ?
            >>> No.

Would 221g be considered U.S. Visa being cancelled or revoked ?
            >>> You have to mention it as visa refusal until the 221g gets cleared. If 221g gets cleared later, then you can answer NO in the future visa applications.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X