Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queries regarding ds160

Hi,
    I checked a lot of DS160 related queries but couldnt find these questions, hence a new thread.

1) Is transit considered as Country visited? There is a question which asks you to list the countries visited in last 5 years. I have travelled to & from US via UK & Kuwait. Do I need to mention about those countries. It was just transit, I didnt go out of the Airport?

2) Planned Itenerary? My I-797 is valid till 05/09/2014 and I am traveling to India on 12/09/2011 and coming back on 12/25/2011. So my India to US itenerary is confirmed but the return is not confirmed. So Can I put the return date as 05/08/2014, since my I-797 is valid till 05/09/2014?

3) Education qualification dates? I dont remember the exact dates, is it ok if I enter tentative dates?

**** DELETED # 3 BECAUSE I WAS WRONG, THERE IS A PLACE WHERE YOU ENTER THE PRESENT EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION.....

Thanks in Advance....
    Last edited by ThePoster; 11-07-2011, 10:46 PM.

1) Is transit considered as Country visited? There is a question which asks you to list the countries visited in last 5 years. I have travelled to & from US via UK & Kuwait. Do I need to mention about those countries. It was just transit, I didnt go out of the Airport?
    >>> No. Transit is not considered as a country visited. If you have stepped out of the airport, then YES.

2) Planned Itenerary? My I-797 is valid till 05/09/2014 and I am traveling to India on 12/09/2011 and coming back on 12/25/2011. So my India to US itenerary is confirmed but the return is not confirmed. So Can I put the return date as 05/08/2014, since my I-797 is valid till 05/09/2014?
    >>> Yes, any date close to the petition expiry date will do.

3) From Date & To Date for current employer: There is no way to indicate about my current employer, it always asks for From Date & To Date? What date should I put there as my To Date?
    >>> See if you can enter TillDate. If not, then try the petition expiry date.

4) Education qualification dates? I dont remember the exact dates, is it ok if I enter tentative dates?
    >>> Look into your transcripts and enter the appropriate dates.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks sherwin

THANKS SHERWIN,

I read in one of the post that the place where you enter the work experience you should enter the name of your Employer but the address where you are/ were working? Is that true?

Secondly,
      I was working with an Indian MNC from lets say April 2007 till Nov 2010. April 2007 to Jan 2009 was at Offshore. & Feb 2009 to Nov 2010 was at onsite. So should I put the from date & to date

as April 2007 to Nov 2010 (ONSITE & OFFSHORE BOTH ?)
      or Feb 2009 to Nov 2010 (ONSITE ONLY)

Thanks Once again...
      Last edited by ThePoster; 11-07-2011, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I read in one of the post that the place where you enter the work experience you should enter the name of your Employer but the address where you are/ were working? Is that true?
        >>> Yes.

Secondly,
        I was working with an Indian MNC from lets say April 2007 till Nov 2010. April 2007 to Jan 2009 was at Offshore. & Feb 2009 to Nov 2010 was at onsite. So should I put the from date & to date

as April 2007 to Nov 2010 (ONSITE & OFFSHORE BOTH ?)
        or Feb 2009 to Nov 2010 (ONSITE ONLY)
        >>> Both.

Comment

Thanks Sherwin You rock as usual.

Not questioning your knowledge but just double checking. There are two places where we need to enter the Employer Information.

a) Work Experience

b) Temporary worker Visa information or something like that.

So are you suggesting I should mention Client addresses at both the places?

Secondly,
          If I am submitting DS160 for myself (H1B) & my wife (H4) do I have to submit it as "Create Family Application" or something? I have saved both the applications as seperate, not submitted them yet? Do I have to club them together? We are planning to appear for the stamping interview on the same time slot.

Lastly,
          I clicked the passport photograph at Walmart but the size of the softcopy is beyond 240 kb. Then I clicked one by myself and it looks good in terms of clarity & size however when I try to print the DS160 form, the photograph is distorted / blurred a bit. It says that the photo meets the specifications / criteria when I upload it but when I print the DS160 it is distorted/blurred a bit. I checked the same for my wife's photograph which was clicked in India is also blurred but less than mine.
          I wanted to know if this is acceptable ? Is it a big issue? If not, what is the right place to go for Passport Photos? Asking too much huh?

Thanks,
          Last edited by ThePoster; 11-08-2011, 12:14 PM.

Comment

H4 visa How to answer DS160 for following questions

I have few question while filling out the application DS_160

1) Have you made any travel plans , if yes they need all the Information Like flight details and all
            Should i just write "NO" there
            2) Who is paying for your trip . Can i write Principle applicant petitioner

3) Has you visa ever been revoked or cancelled Why ?? ( My Wife had a 221G last time and then petition went for review and still the review is going on and that petition is expiring on Nov 30th) .I am Applying for new petition( New extension which is valid from Dec 1 )
            what should i write there they need description

Can you please help for the question below

Comment

Thanks Sherwin You rock as usual.

I am about to submit my DS160. Could someone please answer my two questions. I would be really greatful.

Not questioning your knowledge but just double checking. There are two places where we need to enter the Employer Information.

a) Work Experience

Secondly,
              If I am submitting DS160 for myself (H1B) & my wife (H4) do I have to submit it as "Create Family Application" or something? I have saved both the applications as seperate, not submitted them yet? Do I have to club them together? We are planning to appear for the stamping interview on the same time slot.

Lastly,
              I clicked the passport photograph at Walmart but the size of the softcopy is beyond 240 kb. Then I clicked one by myself and it looks good in terms of clarity & size however when I try to print the DS160 form, the photograph is distorted / blurred a bit. It says that the photo meets the specifications / criteria when I upload it but when I print the DS160 it is distorted/blurred a bit. I checked the same for my wife's photograph which was clicked in India is also blurred but less than mine.

I wanted to know if this is acceptable ? Is it a big issue? If not, what is the right place to go for Passport Photos? Asking too much huh?

Thanks,

Comment

a) Work Experience

>>> Unless you post the exact question, it is hard to answer. Whenever there is a question about the work location, specify the exact location where you worked.

Secondly,
                >>> When you create your application, there is an option to add the dependents to your application and get a single interview slot. You have to fill separate DS160 for you and each of your dependents though.

Lastly,
                >>> If the online system accepts the photograph, then you are good. If you are in doubt, then carry a couple of passport size photographs with you when you attend the intervirew.

>>> Talk to VFS helpdesk if you need more clarification in completing the visa application.

Comment

1) Have you made any travel plans , if yes they need all the Information Like flight details and all
                  >>> If you have already made specific travel plans, then mention that along with the dates. The return date can be tentative (close to the petition expiry date).

>>> Enter the employer's name if they are the one who is sponsoring the flight tickets.

3) Has you visa ever been revoked or cancelled Why ?? ( My Wife had a 221G last time and then petition went for review and still the review is going on and that petition is expiring on Nov 30th) .I am Applying for new petition( New extension which is valid from Dec 1 )
                  >>> The question is specific to you. I am not sure why you are bringing your wife's 221g into your application. If you have received a 221g and if it never got cleared, then mention that as visa rejection and explain that the petition is still under 221g review at the consulate..

Comment

H4 visa How to answer DS160 for following questions

Hi Shervin143

My Questions are for my wife visa .. the third question . My wife got an 221G after submitting all the documents it went for USCIS review and still the review is going on ... didnt get any rejection yet . Now i got new extension for 3 years , i am sending her on new extension So in that case what should i write in question number 3
                    Question 4: Have you ever refused a US visa ?? ( what should i write here )
                    these term are confusing to me ,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    >>> If you have already made specific travel plans, then mention that along with the dates. The return date can be tentative (close to the petition expiry date).

>>> Enter the employer's name if they are the one who is sponsoring the flight tickets.

>>> The question is specific to you. I am not sure why you are bringing your wife's 221g into your application. If you have received a 221g and if it never got cleared, then mention that as visa rejection and explain that the petition is still under 221g review at the consulate..

Comment

221g is considered as a visa rejection until it gets approved. So you have to mention that as a rejection while filling DS160. In the reason, explain that the case is still pending under 221g admin processing.

Originally posted by abc_1 View Post
                      Hi Shervin143

My Questions are for my wife visa .. the third question . My wife got an 221G after submitting all the documents it went for USCIS review and still the review is going on ... didnt get any rejection yet . Now i got new extension for 3 years , i am sending her on new extension So in that case what should i write in question number 3
                      Question 4: Have you ever refused a US visa ?? ( what should i write here )
                      these term are confusing to me ,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X