Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Forzajuve,

There is no update yet. It is still in process...

Comment

updates?

Any updates today ?

Comment

Passport is not yet received .......

I have attended H1B visa interview on 20th Dec 2011 in Hyderabad. Visa Officer told me that my visa got approved and it will be couriered in 3-5 working days. But till now i did not get my passport.
        How long will it take this process, does anyone has this kind of situation...

Krishna

Comment

@krishna, I attended the interview on the 16th of Dec at Hyderabad too and the visa officer mentioned i was issued the visa, but no news yet of the passport! stilll shows 'under process with the US consulate'.

Comment

@chitras12 ....

Hi,

Did you contact Consulate about the status.. or still waiting...
            By the way are in BEP or EVC model??

Comment

I am a full time employee at a pharmaceutical company.
              There seems no way to directly contact the consulate, everything goes through VFS and they give you a v generic answer about your status, same thing that the website shows.

Comment

still waiting..

I called the DOS last night and got the same response that it's in processing. Neither an ETA nor any additional info provided. The call to DOS was a lengthy one with automated response and had to spend quite a while navigating through to finally talk to a rep. I thought it would be good to share the option numbers to shorten that a bit. They asked for the passport number and name.

Department of State: 202-663-1225 Option 1,4,1, 4 and then 0 - to talk to representative.

Comment

No need to wait for the options just dial the number 202-663-1225 and press 100 u will be connected to rep. It saves time and money.

Comment

@kumar - thats great... thanks for the info

Comment

I received 221g and I see the same message in the website. Although, I submitted my passport along with my 221g docs.

Comment

Passport received

Hi All,

Today I received the passport H-1B stamped.
                        Interview date: Dec-07-2011
                        Passport received: Jan-04-2012

Keep tracking your passport and keep some patience ( I know its painful but thats the only way )

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Another frustrating wait

Ah..had to register here to share my frustration too..attended interview for H1-B on Dec27th @ Hyd on emergency appointment - Had to fly in here as my mother passed away...but its been 10 calendar days and 7 business days and no updates - The VO said that my VISA was approved and I would get it in 5 days - Nothing as of now...Need to get back to work and my family

This comes behind a 2 month wait this summer when I was here for a normal vacation - Attended the interview in Delhi and was served 221G just for my resume - Took three months and hell a lot of problems before the VISA was granted for just 15 days - I had one petition expiring in Oct 06th and the extended one until July2012 - Surprise surprise - They chose to give the VISA on Sep22 valid until Oct05th....

So now I had to return and going through the same again...frustrating....Dont know whether the employer would be kind this time...

Hope you folks get some answers soon...I need them myself desperately....

Comment

still waiting

@hemosho - congrats! your ordeal is over... hopefully we all get ours soon too..

@komed - it must be extremely brutal in your situation.... these guys simply don't care that there are people affected due to their messed up process...

Comment

passport received at vfs

My passport came today.
                              I contacted [email protected] yesterday and got a reply that my passport would be available today. Someone checked using my passport number and replied I could pick it up today, but right after that I got the generic reply that it's in processing still. So I wasn';t sure which mail to believe.
                              It might be worth a shot to email them.
                              Hope it helps.
                              Chitra

Comment

H1B Visa Stamping under Review@ New Delhi Consulate

Hi.
                                This is my 2nd time Visa stamping at US consulate. Same employer for last 3 years.
                                1st Visa stamping no issues, this time kept for review.

I had my interview for H1B Visa stamping at US Consulate New Delhi on 14th Dec 2011.
                                The Officer at the counter kept my passport along with all requested documents and told will get back in 2 weeks time after review.

Its being more than 2 weeks now and they have not yet contacted either me or my employer.
                                I was not issued any type of 221(g) - GREEN, PINK OR BLUE form at the time of my interview.

I called/mailed VFS several time and they get back with same standard response - Its under process.

I also called DOS Washington DC and got same standard response.

Dont know whats going on and when they are going to respond back.
                                I have already cancelled my flight tickets and have extended my leave working with my manager in USA.

Does anyone fall under same scenario. Can someone put more light on this.
                                Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X