X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work with current employer after H-1 Transfer approval

Hi,

Need advise.

I work for Company X that holds my H-1. I have got job offer from Company Y and they initiated H-1 B transfer.

1- If my transfer gets approved but change my mind , is it legal to continue to work with current employer X ? Any action items at my end or just continue to work as if no H-1 transfer has happened ?

2- In case of any RFE , any impact to my H-1 with Comp. X ?

3- During the H-1 transfer process , any important points to take care to avoid any impact to my current H-1 ?

4- When would my current H-1 gets revoked ? As soon as I resign or Comp. X can revoke whenever they want to ?

5- Does USCIS inform to current employer about H-1 transfer process at any point of time ?

1- If my transfer gets approved but change my mind , is it legal to continue to work with current employer X ? Any action items at my end or just continue to work as if no H-1 transfer has happened ?
    >>> No issues. You can continue to work for the current employer.

2- In case of any RFE , any impact to my H-1 with Comp. X ?
    >>> No.

3- During the H-1 transfer process , any important points to take care to avoid any impact to my current H-1 ?
    >>> Nothing.

4- When would my current H-1 gets revoked ? As soon as I resign or Comp. X can revoke whenever they want to ?
    >>> They can revoke whenever they want. As per H1B regulations, the employer is suppose to revoke the H1B as soon as you quit.

5- Does USCIS inform to current employer about H-1 transfer process at any point of time ?
    >>> No.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X