Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221G - Send passport - Gap of 2 years

Dear,

I attended my H1B interview in Chennai consulate on Sept 2009. I was put on administrative processings under 221G. Later in Nov 2009, i had travelled to Singapore and i am currently living in Singapore.

On Feb 2010, I got email from the consulate to Send passport, and fill in the H156 and H157 forms via VFS. But since i was in singapore i could not do it that time.

Now I have a opportunity to go to US. Is that possible, i can fill in the forms and send the passport now? Or is it too late?
    Can i send from Singapore? or should i travel to India to get this done?.

Note: Currently my 221G case status is not found in the status tracker in the chennai consulate website, however, it was available as Send PPT during february-march 2010.
    Also i beleive, the 221G was due to my name, which is clearly an Islamic Name.

Please advise on this and it will be of great help

Thanks and Regards
    Nazaar

Is that petition still valid. Do you still have the same job available at this point of time. If yes, then contact VFS helpdesk to see if you can submit the passport now. If that petition is not valid, then a new petition need to be filed and approved to get the Visa stamped
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X