Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Visa Stamping Required Again after H1B Amendment Approval with same employer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Visa Stamping Required Again after H1B Amendment Approval with same employer?

Hi, I have H1B stamped Visa on my passport but i did not travel to US after stamping and am still in India. Due to client and location change, i had to file a H1B amendment from the same employer and the amendment got approved.

Question: Do I need to get my visa stamped again or same stamping with new petition approval is valid?

You can use the existing visa with the amended approval notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for help!, Do you know if anyone has done that before?

Comment

Use the search tool and search for the related posts. A new visa stamping is not required even if you change your H1B employer.

Originally posted by lbanga View Post
        Thanks for help!, Do you know if anyone has done that before?

Comment

Thanks a lot Shervin!!

Comment

Hi lbanga,

How long it took for you for H1B amendment ? and is it not enough to just have a new LCA or we need H1B amendment also if the client is changed ?

Comment

The amendment process took me approximately 2 months, 1 month to get all documents and thing ready to file the petition and 2 weeks of internal processing by a law firm and 2 weeks with USCIS.

As far as I remember sometime back before July 2011, LCA used to be enough but now an amendment is required for client change, location change, job role and salary change etc.

Comment

@Sherwin,
                I am trying to understand your comment which reads as "A new visa stamping is not required even if you change your H1B employer."

If I change my employer, the new employer will file my H1 Transfer.So what you are saying, since its just a transfer and not Extension then I dont need to get the Visa Stamped again?

Could you please elaborate.

Thanks & Have a Great Weekend.

Comment

can you please let me know the list of all the documents that is necessary for H1B amendment. and how long it will take if we do it in premium processing ?

can we travel to US while the H1B amendment is still in process ?

Comment

If you already have a valid H1B visa (irrespective of the employer), then you can use that along with the latest approval notice to enter U.S.

Originally posted by ThePoster View Post
                    @Sherwin,
                    I am trying to understand your comment which reads as "A new visa stamping is not required even if you change your H1B employer."

If I change my employer, the new employer will file my H1 Transfer.So what you are saying, since its just a transfer and not Extension then I dont need to get the Visa Stamped again?

Could you please elaborate.

Thanks & Have a Great Weekend.

Comment

can you please let me know the list of all the documents that is necessary for H1B amendment. and how long it will take if we do it in premium processing ?

can we travel to US while the H1B amendment is still in process ?

Comment

Hi All,
                        I have same question

I have H1B stamped Visa on my passport but i did not travel to US after stamping and am still in India. Due to client and location change, i had to file a H1B amendment from the same employer.

Question: Do I need to get my visa stamped again or same stamping with new petition approval is valid for travel?

Thanks
                        Rakesh Acharya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X