Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L to H transfer and visa stamping

Hi,

I have changed my status from L1 to H1B in Feb 2011. I have direct employment. Now on Nov 22, I am planning to go back to india and appear for the visa interview. I have few questions regarding the satmping.

1. By the time I appear for H1b stamping I will have only 6 months left on finshing the 6 years L/H period. Do you see any problem going for stamping as I have only 6 months left on my petition?
    2. As per my jurisdiction, I have to appear for mumbai consulate interview since my L visa was stamped from Mumbai and this is my first H1 stamping. Because of relocation of mumbai consulate, very few visa dates are available. Is it advisable/possible to go to other consulate office for visa stamping?

Thanks in advance.

1. By the time I appear for H1b stamping I will have only 6 months left on finshing the 6 years L/H period. Do you see any problem going for stamping as I have only 6 months left on my petition?
    >>> No issues. You can attend the visa interview as long as the petition remains valid.

2. As per my jurisdiction, I have to appear for mumbai consulate interview since my L visa was stamped from Mumbai and this is my first H1 stamping. Because of relocation of mumbai consulate, very few visa dates are available. Is it advisable/possible to go to other consulate office for visa stamping?
    >>> No issues. You can attend the visa interview at any U.S consulate in India.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X