H4 Visa application while pregnant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa application while pregnant

I will be applying for H1 for me and H4 for my wife in the month of Dec 2011. My wife will be 3 month pregnant by that time. Is it legal to apply for VISA while pregnant? Once VISA issued can she fly with me?

I will be applying for H1 for me and H4 for my wife in the month of Dec 2011. My wife will be 3 month pregnant by that time. Is it legal to apply for VISA while pregnant?
    >>> There is nothing illegal about it. Travelling to U.S in B1/B2 just for the purpose of child birth is not allowed. In your case, it is not an issue. You might need to show that you have proper medical insurance that covers the child birth when you are in U.S.

Once VISA issued can she fly with me?
    >>> Yes. It is a long flight and check with the doctor to see if it is advsiable.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Taking insurance for pregnant wife after landing in US

"You might need to show that you have proper medical insurance that covers the child birth when you are in U.S."

I have a similar situation but I plan to take insurance after I land in US. My wife would be around 6 months complete at that time. Would getting such insurance would be a problem??

And where do I need to show that I have proper medical insurance that covers the child birth? Not possibly at the visa interview, since then visa is not approved yet.

Comment

I have a similar situation but I plan to take insurance after I land in US. My wife would be around 6 months complete at that time. Would getting such insurance would be a problem??
        >>> Check with your employer to see if they can add you and your family into their group health insurance. You are never going to get a personal insurance approved when she is already pregnant. Child birth in U.S 30 - 50 thousand dollar business and no insurance company would be willing to spend that much money knowing that it is on their way.

And where do I need to show that I have proper medical insurance that covers the child birth? Not possibly at the visa interview, since then visa is not approved yet.
        >>> They may ask you during the visa interview or at the POE. If you have proof that your employer covers it, then no issues. They might want to know how you are planning to pay for the child birth.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Did you have stamping?
          Any progress on this?Can you please update?
          What questons did they ask to you and your wife?
          was there any specific question on pregnancy?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X