Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take for the receipt number to be generated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take for the receipt number to be generated?

My attorney informed me that my H1B petition was filed at USCIS on 14th November under Premium Visa processing. But they are still waiting for the receipt number. Can you please let me know how long it takes for the receipt / receipt number to be generated?

When can i expect to get this?

They have just sent the documents yesterday. Once it reaches USCIS, they will send an acknowledgement via email to the attorney who filed the case (email receipt number will be sent only for premium processing cases). The original receipt will arrive within 2 weeks from USCIS receiving the documents.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

My Petition (I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER) was received at USCIS on 14th November. I also got the tracking number. But since then, the status shows up as "ACCEPTANCE" stage. This has not changed for last 9 days. Whereas I read the following instruction on the USCIS website :

The acceptance step is typically completed within 2 business days of when the application is received.

Is there anything wrong with my application that the status has not changed for last 9-10 days. If it takes only 2 business days for them to move to the next step, what might be taking them so long to update the status?

Comment

Don't rely on the online case tracker. The information is not updated regularly there. Wait for 15 calander days from the date of the receipt notice and you should get the result. One way to check if they are processing your case is to check if the cheque to uscis got cashed.

Originally posted by nikhilhunk View Post
        My Petition (I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER) was received at USCIS on 14th November. I also got the tracking number. But since then, the status shows up as "ACCEPTANCE" stage. This has not changed for last 9 days. Whereas I read the following instruction on the USCIS website :

The acceptance step is typically completed within 2 business days of when the application is received.

Is there anything wrong with my application that the status has not changed for last 9-10 days. If it takes only 2 business days for them to move to the next step, what might be taking them so long to update the status?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X