Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Regarding DS 160

Hi There,
    I have a couple of queries regarding H4 DS 160.

1) Have you visited any countries in the last 5 years?

Since my wife has visited US & India, should the response be Yes or No? I am assuming it should be NO because they want to check if the person have travelled any other country but US & India.

Is my understanding correct?

2) There is a question for Principal Applicant's Name, and the immediate next one is for the Application Receipt / Petetion Number. I am assuming this should be the Petetion Number of the Principal applicant and not the H4 applicant.

Is my understanding correct?

Kindly Confirm.

Thanks & Have a Great Day...

Home country is not country 'visited'. So only mention US.

Yes, there is no such thing as H4 petition. The extension of status application by the H4 (I539) is immaterial once H4 leaves the US.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I called VFS they are saying they are looking for any other country but US & your home country which contradicts with your statement. Do you concur?

Comment

Depends on the question. I remember somewhere there is a question specifically about countries other than US and this one that you mention seems to be only countries. So there is no harm in mentioning US here IMO.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Agreed & implemented.

Comment

You need to mention U.S in the list of countries visited. You need to list all the countries that you have visited in the last 5 years excluding your country of citizenship. If you call VFS again and talk to a different representative you might very well be getting a different answer.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Sure Boss, I mentioned USA in the list of countries travelled.

One more question if I may.

Have you been Ten Printed? I roughly remember that I had given the impressions of all my 10 fingers, but I am not 100% sure. I was issued visa in Oct 2008. What should I mention there?

Thanks In Advance...

Comment

If you are not sure, then answer No.

Originally posted by ThePoster View Post
                Sure Boss, I mentioned USA in the list of countries travelled.

One more question if I may.

Have you been Ten Printed? I roughly remember that I had given the impressions of all my 10 fingers, but I am not 100% sure. I was issued visa in Oct 2008. What should I mention there?

Thanks In Advance...
                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X