Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Bond Break

Hi,

I came US through TCS...my visa type was L1B.

A company in US sponsered my H1B. I signed a bond with this company...and it states that I should give 5000$(Visa processing/legal charges) + Expenses (air travel/training/stay) + Damages to client relationship with my company...IF I Quit before 12 MONTHS.

They told that, they will go with legal proceedings, if I quit now.

Could someone guide me in this ? Will my company ask to give huge amount like 10K or 20K If I quit now ?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by relativity; 11-17-2011, 03:43 PM.

Yes, they can go after you for the violation of contract.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

1. Do the companies normally go for that ?

2. How much amount they can claim ? I mean...regarding the client relationships ...how do they estimate ?

I can give them back the air travel/stay. There was no training given by them. Can they come up with some huge amount (stating that they gave training even though they didnt do that) ?

NOTE : I gave them 2500$ check before processing my H1B.
      Last edited by relativity; 11-17-2011, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I dont think you need to worry. I have heard that people from TCS, Wipro do that all the time. All they can do is send letters to your Indian address nothing much than that. Tell your parents / whoever live in India that dont accept any letter from TCS / their lawyers.You dont need to pay a penny to them. I have heard this from one of my friend, he was with Wipro. He also told me that since the Law of Land prevails in US. Nobody can do anything to you.

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE HEARD. NOT SURE HOWMUCH IS TRUE, BUT SOUNDS LIKE TRUE BECAUSE NOT EVERYBODY WILL PAY BACK $10000 TO THE COMPANIES.

TAKE DECISIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK.NOT SURE IF IT WOULD HAVE ANY ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOUR GREEN CARD ETC,

GOOD LUCK....

Comment

Originally posted by ThePoster View Post
          I dont think you need to worry. I have heard that people from TCS, Wipro do that all the time. All they can do is send letters to your Indian address nothing much than that. Tell your parents / whoever live in India that dont accept any letter from TCS / their lawyers.You dont need to pay a penny to them. I have heard this from one of my friend, he was with Wipro. He also told me that since the Law of Land prevails in US. Nobody can do anything to you.

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE HEARD. NOT SURE HOWMUCH IS TRUE, BUT SOUNDS LIKE TRUE BECAUSE NOT EVERYBODY WILL PAY BACK $10000 TO THE COMPANIES.

TAKE DECISIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK.NOT SURE IF IT WOULD HAVE ANY ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOUR GREEN CARD ETC,

GOOD LUCK....

The problem is not with TCS. As I told I joined a company in US...and signed a bond with them regarding my H1B (a 12 month bond). If I break that what can happen ?

Comment

My Bad. Ignore my previous comment. If you have signed a bond with an American Company then its a totally opposite story. They can sue you to pay the price they have incurred, however it depends on the amount they have mentioend in the contract. They cant ask for exhorbitant amount, they will also have to prove that they spent $20000 or whatever on you for training etc.

I would say, if the amount is not mentioned in the agreement, then it all boils down to negotiation. What did you pay $2500 for? If they have asked you $2500 for H1 B processing, then that is illegal. You can sue them for that.

I would consult an Attorney.

I AM NOT A LAWYER / ATTORNEY SO TAKE THE DECISIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePoster View Post
              My Bad. Ignore my previous comment. If you have signed a bond with an American Company then its a totally opposite story. They can sue you to pay the price they have incurred, however it depends on the amount they have mentioend in the contract. They cant ask for exhorbitant amount, they will also have to prove that they spent $20000 or whatever on you for training etc.

I would say, if the amount is not mentioned in the agreement, then it all boils down to negotiation. What did you pay $2500 for? If they have asked you $2500 for H1 B processing, then that is illegal. You can sue them for that.

I would consult an Attorney.

I AM NOT A LAWYER / ATTORNEY SO TAKE THE DECISIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Good Luck.
              Thanks alot for that information.

Comment

Hi

Hi, I just wanted to know what has happen to your case. Did you pay the money to tcs?

Originally posted by relativity View Post
                Hi,

I came US through TCS...my visa type was L1B.

A company in US sponsered my H1B. I signed a bond with this company...and it states that I should give 5000$(Visa processing/legal charges) + Expenses (air travel/training/stay) + Damages to client relationship with my company...IF I Quit before 12 MONTHS.

They told that, they will go with legal proceedings, if I quit now.

Could someone guide me in this ? Will my company ask to give huge amount like 10K or 20K If I quit now ?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X