Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment dates issue??

Hello there,

I have a question about employment dates and looking at all the rejections and administrative processing's being handed out by the Consulates, I am little worried if this is going to be a problem--

Worked for company A from 5/5/2010 to 5/18/2011 on H1B.

Accepted offer from company B on 4/15/2011 and the petition for H1B transfer was accepted by USCIS on 5/19/2011. The petition was approved on 5/31/2011 and I started working on 6/1/2011.

The gap between leaving company A on 5/18 and the transfer petition being approved on 5/31- Is this considered out of status and going to be a question mark???..... or the fact that USCIS accepted the transfer petition on 5/19 going be the saving grace??

Thank you to all those who are helping us out with valuable advice and direction. I cannot believe the kind of assistance I have received so far...

SK

If you did not work from 5/19 until 5/31 for either Company A or B, then you are technically out of status on H1B for that duration. When you are in H1B, you should be working and getting paid to maintain the H1B status. You should have either worked for Company A until the transfer got approved or joined Company B with the receipt notice to maintain the status.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X