Help in filling Ds-160 Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in filling Ds-160 Form

Guys, please help me in filling the DS-160 form for the following questions:

1. Have you ever been issued a U.S. Visa?
    I have both F1 visa and first year tenure h1-B visa stamped. Which one should I use.

2. Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services? Explain
    My compnay did file for Green Card and right now I am in I-140 approved stage. Should I say YES. If its yes what should I explain?

3. Contact Person or Organization in the United States
    I do have many contacts in US. But I gave my employer immigration attorney contact information. Is this fine or should I give any relatives/friends information,

4. Were you previously employed?
    I have being working in the same company since my OPT started. But I did work when i was a student like a couple of internships and Graduate Assistant. Should I also mention them or is it just jobs on H1-B?

5. Have you attended any educational institutions at a secondary level or above?
    I just mentioned the MS. Should I also mention the B.Tech i did in India?

6. Do you belong to a clan or tribe?
    I guess the answer is NO. But still checking.

Thanks for looking and your valuable replies.

I have both F1 visa and first year tenure h1-B visa stamped. Which one should I use.
    >>> The question is a simple Yes/No question. Answer Yes.

2. Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services? Explain
    My compnay did file for Green Card and right now I am in I-140 approved stage. Should I say YES. If its yes what should I explain?
    >>> If I-140 is approved, then you need to answer Yes. Explain who filed it and in what stage is the processing currently on.

3. Contact Person or Organization in the United States
    I do have many contacts in US. But I gave my employer immigration attorney contact information. Is this fine or should I give any relatives/friends information,
    >>> That is fine.

4. Were you previously employed?
    I have being working in the same company since my OPT started. But I did work when i was a student like a couple of internships and Graduate Assistant. Should I also mention them or is it just jobs on H1-B?
    >>> Mention all your jobs. The question is not specific to H1B.

5. Have you attended any educational institutions at a secondary level or above?
    I just mentioned the MS. Should I also mention the B.Tech i did in India?
    >>> Mentioned both B.Tech and M.S.

6. Do you belong to a clan or tribe?
    I guess the answer is NO. But still checking.
    >>> Well, yu should know the answer to this. Do yu belong to a tribe? If not, answer NO.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin. You answered all my questions. But for this one:
      The answer was YES but its asking for visa number. Since my F1 visa is already cancelled on passport, I am thinking of giving H1-B visa with the visa number on it.

Guess that should be fine?

Comment

Yes, enter the H1B visa number.

Originally posted by flaovur_of_bru View Post
        Thanks Shervin. You answered all my questions. But for this one:
        The answer was YES but its asking for visa number. Since my F1 visa is already cancelled on passport, I am thinking of giving H1-B visa with the visa number on it.

Guess that should be fine?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies Shervin!!

Appreciate it!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X