Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Question regarding H1-b USCIS Received date and cap count consideration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Question regarding H1-b USCIS Received date and cap count consideration

My attorney sent my H1-b application yesterday 11/21/2011 to California service center. This is a "Regular processing case" . So my attorney told me USCIS will receive it today 11/22/2011 as Mail will go overnight. So will my USCIS Received date be "11/22/2011" ?????? I heard to get "Case receipt number" it usually takes 7 to 10 days but i dont understand when my case will be in the cap count for 2012 ???? will it be as of 11/22/2011 ???????

Receipt date is not the date of delivery of your documents to USCIS. It is the date when USCIS accepts your petition (Provided the application, H1B processing fee etc are all correct) and enters your information into their system. The receipt date will any anytime within 1 week from receiving your documents. It can even be on the same date. The CAP is still open. If your documents have reached USCIS today, then you need not have to worry about the CAP.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Sherwin

This website link below is updated as reaching 61800 applications. The update is done with in 4 days of the previous update whilethe updates are generally done every 2 weeks. Does it mean that the quota is over and the remaining are for H1B1 for singapore citizens or is the quota still open.

Comment

There are still ~3000 more CAPS left as of the last count. Usually when the CAP is about to reach, USCIS updates it in their website frequently..
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X