Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160: Visa Interview Location query

Hi,

My company is in Pune and my hometown is in Delhi. I want to attend H1 visa interview from Delhi. In DS160 form I have entered Visa Interview location as Mumbai as my company asked to do so. I am yet to submit the form. Now my question is

Is it possible to attend Visa Interview in Delhi even if DS160 says Mumbai?
    Do I need to change the location to Delhi in DS160?
    What if I submit the DS160 with location Mumbai but at the time if scheduling appointment I will get earlier dates at say Kolkata, Hyderabad or Chennai or Delhi?

Hope I am not confusing anybody.

Thanks in advance.

While filing DS-160, it clearly says you can file it for one location and attend interview in another location. This is not going to change their decision of accepting/rejecting the VISA.

But If you haven't submitted 160 then I recommend to choose the location you most likely going to attend.

Comment

Just change it to Delhi and apply at Delhi. It does not matter anyway.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks friends. So the bottom line is that even if I submit DS160 with Mumbai location then also I can attend interview at any other location but it is better if I can change it to desired location otherwise also no worries.

Comment

Smarty,

did you get your petition from US office?

Just was curious since Mine was approved 2 days after yours.

Comment

Not yet, I am still waiting for the hard copy of the Approved Petition. In the meanwhile I filled DS160 form and saved it. May be by next week I will get the hard copy.

Comment

Smarty,

Thanks buddy!. Me too waiting for the same!

Have filled DS160 and saved it.

Pls update me once you get it!

Comment

Sure buddy, will be in touch throughout our H1 journey and god knows may be after that as well.

Comment

No, you need to attend interview where your DS160 is filed. You can't filed DS160 for Mumbai and take an appointment at Delhi.

While filing DS160 system gives an option to save it in file, the same file can be used to file DS160 for both location. So you can file for two seperate location and decide which one to use for booking your appointment.

BTW please prefer to go into consulate where your company wants you to go, you are living in Pune then go to Mumbai. Thats my 2 cents.

Comment

Received the scanned copy of petition approval notice. By next week I will get the hardcopy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sachindubey View Post
                      No, you need to attend interview where your DS160 is filed. You can't filed DS160 for Mumbai and take an appointment at Delhi.

While filing DS160 system gives an option to save it in file, the same file can be used to file DS160 for both location. So you can file for two seperate location and decide which one to use for booking your appointment.

BTW please prefer to go into consulate where your company wants you to go, you are living in Pune then go to Mumbai. Thats my 2 cents.

Thanks Sachin. Actually I am working from home i.e. From Delhi that's why looking for Delhi Consulate. My question is if I fill location as Mumbai and if dates are not available at Mumbai and say available at Kolkata or Chennai then in that case what should I do. Can I amend the submitted DS160 as per the location. Thanks.

Comment

No, you can't amend the existing DS160 once submitted but you can use the same file to create new DS160 for different location. Its like have seperate DS160 for 4-5 different location.

Comment

Thanks Sachin, I called VFS and the executive said that there is no problem in attending interview at New Delhi location as I am living here from past 6 months even though the Petition says Mumbai Location subject to My company is Non BEP (The Business Executive Program). For BEP I have to attend the interview at the location mentioned in the Petition. No exceptions.

Comment

Any update Arjunath...

Comment

No update Smarty..Still did not get it..Waiting..What about yours?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X