H4 visa stamping Mumbai - Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa stamping Mumbai - Quick question

Quick question -- I was not aware of H4 visa applicant required orginal petition of principal applicant and so I just gave photocopy to my wife. Her visa interview is tomorrow and I am in US having orginal petition with me. I have following question

1. Do personnel assisting visa interview at consulate office checks original petition? If yes, what would they do if she shows them photocopy?

2. If VO checks then what should be the best answer?

Really, it makes no sense to have orginal petition with dependent when I am in US. I should always have orginal petition, passport and I94 with me while I am in US.

Damm... I noticed this morning, I am too late to courier them now. Appericate any quick advice.

Hi Sachin,
    I think they ask for Original I-797. Isint the Consulate is closed today 11/24?

Comment

I know they asked orginal...and I made the mistake, please go through my questions. BTW her interview is tomorrow on 11/25.

Comment

Please help. Appreciate quick replies.

Comment

It totally depends on the VO. The VO might accept the photocopy and it has worked in the past. If they really need the original H1B approval notice (I-797), then they will issue a 221g for the same and you will have enough time to submit it.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin. I am sitting here in US waiting for a call from my wife sometime tonight. Will keep you all posted how it goes. Hopefully she get through.

Comment

Shervin,

If case if she gets 221g to submit documents later, do she needs to submit or anyone else can submit. I am asking this because if it happen do she needs to stay in Mumbai until my courier arrive.

Thanks, Sachin
              Last edited by sachindubey; 11-24-2011, 10:09 PM. Reason: spell

Comment

You will be given the option to either mail it to VFS or handover in person (anyone can handover the documents) at the VFS counter.

Originally posted by sachindubey View Post
                Shervin,

If case if she gets 221g to submit documents later, do she needs to submit or anyone else can submit. I am asking this because if it happen do she needs to stay in Mumbai until my courier arrive.

Thanks, Sachin
                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Sherin.... I just got the goods news..her visa is approved. They didn't looked my petition copy during interview. It was just few questions

1. When you got married?
                  2. How long you are lived in US and what do you do while living in US?

Thanks for your kind response during tense hours. It helped.

Thanks, Sachin

Comment

Hi sachindubey,

Congrats first of all for H4B aaproval.

How did you manage to get the dates for H4 at Mumbai consulate?

For the question "Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?*

Did you select YES or NO

I am having hard time finding the dates. Looking for more than a week now.

Comment

My company took date for my wife. Her H4 visa was expired more than 12 months so they must have said "No".

Comment

Congratulations Sachin.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X