Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spelling mistake in marriage certificate

Hi
    My surname is misspelled in my marriage certificate. I have got a H4 visa 2 years back.But the VO did not check my marriage certificate since i applied visa with my husband. Now I have to apply again since he changed his employer after I'm back in India. Now if I try my luck once again and if that dint work, will the officer reject my visa application under 221(g) or 212(a)(6)(c)?

Possible. Why didn't you take any steps in the last 2 years to get the marriage certificate corrected? It is important for the future GC processing as well.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I was in US and came here for delivery now. The local sub-registrar says he does not have rights to change the spelling and now I have to travel to chennai to change it.

My question is 'Will my visa application get rejected under 221(g) or 212(a)(6)(c)?' Please somebody answer. It is very urgent.

Comment

Well, no one can predict. Sometimes they issue the H4 without even looking at the marriage certificate. It all depends on what documents gets validated during your visa interview. It is hard for some forum member to predict what might happen in your case.

In case of 221g, your visa application will not get rejected. Instead, you will have time to produce the corrected marriage certificate to get the visa. If you don't submit the corrected document, then there are chances of rejection.

Originally posted by thaamarai View Post
        My question is 'Will my visa application get rejected under 221(g) or 212(a)(6)(c)?' Please somebody answer. It is very urgent.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Wrong father-in-law name in marriage certificate

Hi,

I am going to apply visa for my wife.
          But in our marriage certificate, my father-in-law's name is incorrect.
          His middle name is 'Chandra' but in marriage certificate it is being mentioned as 'Chand'.

Will it create/cause any problem in her application.
          In my wife's passport & birth certificate, her father's name is correctly mentioned.

In case its a point concern, what course of action should I take.
          Should I get the marriage certificate corrected or re-issued.
          Or will any affidavit etc may work.

Thanks,
          AtulK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X