H1b visa extension 211g refusal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b visa extension 211g refusal

This is my 7th year H1B extention. Unexpectly i came to India, for emergency.Since my visa got expired i went for stamping in hyderabad.VO asked me couple of questions and gave me the 22G Blue slip on SEP 09 2011and said your application will be in admin processing ,and will let me know the status in a week.On Sep 12 2011,got a call from US consulate,its an indian lady,who asked me couple of questions about my job and employer(Desi company).I did answered all the questions.
    No further documents asked by VO or the indian lady who called me for enquiry.

On Oct 1 2011 i got a post letter to my house with visa refusal,saying that my visa is refused on 221g.

Please let me know what should i do.I have my labour and I140 approved.
    If any one experienced ,same issues please let me know with any sugessions.

Can i reapply with the same petetioner or ,so i have to look for any new employer.
    Please ad\vise.

Chances of the refusal is high if you reapply the visa for the same employer. It is advisable to get the H1B transferred to another employer and the attend the visa interview. When you are in U.S, you can file a transfer back to the current employer and start working or start the GC process with the new employer but retain the priority date from the previous labor to file I-485.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X