H1B Blue slip Client Location Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Blue slip Client Location Change

I got 221G(Blue form) from mumbai consulate. Visa Officer told me that he need the detailed project documentation and asked me to submit the following documents:

1. Copy of petition with all supporting documents to USCIS (Including full I129, letter to USCIS and LCA)
    2. Letter from the client sponsoring the project and copy of contract between petitioner and client stating tems and timelines of the project.
    3. A detailed and specific description of the internal project that you would be assigned. Include a complete technical description of the project, employer, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned, work site location and marketing analysis for the final project.

Client is now ready to give the letter but for some different location.

My queries are:

1. My petition is filed for San francisco and Client is now ready to give the letter for the Oakland,CA which is approximatly 16 miles from San francisco. Can I submit the documents of project whose location is Oakland,CA? Will there be a problem?

That should not be a problem. If you work from both the locations, then include a cover letter explaining the same.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Forgot to mention that my project has been changed and have different sow than the one while filing the petition. Also, my manager location is SFO and mine will be Oakland which is 16 miles away? Will there be any problem?
      Last edited by splendor; 11-29-2011, 01:09 PM.

Comment

HI

When there is a material change u should amend your H1 B petition. A material can be duties and responsibilities, location, job position etc. You should have amended your H1 B petition before your interview. I have done the same. I wish you good luck

Comment

There is no change in client. My client is same , its only my project and location (which is within same MSA) with the same client has changed. Do I still need new LCA or should I include cover letter? What is the criteria that one should file a new LCA?

Comment

What is the criteria that one should file a new LCA?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X