Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B status Issue

Dear Friends,
    My H1B expiration Date : October 18th 2011. ( This is ABC company H1B )

Upto October 3rd 2011 I was working for company " ABC" .I have got the full time offer from Company " XYZ" . I gave all my documents to XYZ company for visa transfer. BUt their attorney did mess up.He forgot to file the H1B transfer before October 18th 2011.They applied with premium processing on November 7th 2011 and it was approved on 23rd november 2011.
    But USCIS did not specified my I-94 to new H1B transfer.
    They specified Hyderabad as a Visa Consulate center.They did not specify anywhere that i have to leave the country immediately.But XYZ company attorney advised to go to India for visa stamping.
    I booked the tickets and took the visa appointment also.I am leaving to India on Dec 5th 2011.

But here my question is :
    Whenever i go to visa interview in Hyderabad consulate if they ask me why I stayed after visa expiration.what shall I answer.
    Your answers would be more helpful to me .

Anybody faced the same issue before?

My employer and attorney saying it would not be a issue.But I would like to prepare for this question .

Thank you,

Nivas.

Anytime spend in U.S after your I-94 expiry date will be considerd as illegal stay. So it is advisbale to be prepared for this question. If asked, explain the reason why you overstayed.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X