Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM I H1B CAP Exempted ?

Need urgent help.

I have been on L1b visa with Employer A since last 4.5 years now.
    Employer B filed for an H1 B in 2008 and was approved till Sep 2011 .. But I continued to work on L1 with employer A till date.
    Now my employer A wants to fill and H1B with COS.
    1. Given that I was accounted and approved in 2008, Am I H1B cap exempted ?

2. Or do my employer A needs to file a fresh H1b which again would be under CAP.

Please respond . Thanks in Advance.

Cap exempt petition can be filed. But L1B time also counts towards the 6 years, so you will get 6 year minus the time spent in the US in L1 or H1 status.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hello Mr Kabkaba.

Thanks you for your timely response..
      Just to re-confirm, The earlier H1B (2008) expired in Sep 2011. Does that matter / impact your response above.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Comment

That does not matter.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

What if the original petition in 2008 was a L1 B to H1 with COS. As mentioned above I never joined employer B and also had been to India for a week during which I had stamped my L1 Extension from employer A and re-entered the US in 2009.
          Please respond if a orginal filling with COS impacts the filling of a new CAP exempted H1 visa.

Comment

Only the time spend in U.S in H1B + L1 status counts against the 6 year period. If you haven't used all 6 years, then you are eligible to file a COS.

Originally posted by rohitmaha View Post
            What if the original petition in 2008 was a L1 B to H1 with COS. As mentioned above I never joined employer B and also had been to India for a week during which I had stamped my L1 Extension from employer A and re-entered the US in 2009.
            Please respond if a orginal filling with COS impacts the filling of a new CAP exempted H1 visa.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X