Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get info (on a approved petetion) from US CIS using I-824

Hi,

I had a H1B approved petetion thru employer 'A' (during the year 2009-10). I didn't use the petetion to travel to US till date.
    In 2010 I switched to new employer 'B' (within my home country).
    Now my employer 'B' wants to get the petetion 'transfered' . But my ex employer i.e. employer 'A' refuses to share the relevant information (i.e. the receipt nos, copy of the approval notice etc).

So just wanted to verify if i can request these information (i.e. a duplicate copy of the approval notice etc) from US CIS ?
    Somebody told me that this can be done thru form I-824 i.e. Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition.
    But when i try filling up the form its asking me to key in information specific to my original petetion like 'Receipt nos' etc (which i dont have).

So what can be work aorund for this ? Any suggestions ?

There is no work around. H1B petition is employer's property. Even if you file form I-824, USCIS might very likely send the duplicate copy to the old employer or the attorney who filed it. Also, it will take anywhere between 6 months to 1 year to get the duplicate copy.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X