Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

H1B petition transfer to new employer

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H1B petition transfer to new employer

    I have a valid H1b petition I-797B of my previous employer and have not been to Visa Stamping.
    Can i tranfer the petition to the new employer?
    It would be greatful if you could state the process involved?

  • #2
    Yes. Give the new employer a copy of the previous H1B approval notice. The new employer will be able to file a new H1B petition using the CAP from the previous petition and request an immediate start date. When the petition gets approved, you can go for the visa stamping with the newly approved I-797. When the visa gets approved, you can travel to U.S to work for the employer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.