Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B renewal and H1B Transfer at same time

Hi All,

I would like to know implications if we process both H1B renewal and H1B transfer during the same period.

Ex:

Currently I am working with company A and my visa/I-94 both expires by Jan 30th 2012.

Company A filed my H1B extension on Dec 5th 2011 on premium.

Now I got offer from Company B and they ready to file my H1B transfer in premium in next one or two days.

Here my question is:

1) Is it legal to file H1B transfer while my H1B renewal under process?
    2) If I get approval from company A first, then my transfer with company B will approved or rejected?
    3) If i get approval from company B first, as I good to go ahead and join company B?
    4) what will happen if my both extension and transfer approved?
    4) at any point of time, are there any chances that company A know about me that I file for trasnfer? (becoz my company has policy to fire immediately if they know that we apply/transfer H1 )

Please provide me your valuable suggestions.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
    SSM

Both companies can file their petitions at the same time. Since both are being filed before your current I-94 expires, there are no status complications involved.
    One petition does not affect the other.
    You can work for any one company at a time as long as the corresponding I-94 has not expired. One company will not know of the other company's petition.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X