Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B revoke

Hello All,

My H1b starts on 27 Dec-2011 according to I-797B i received. but i am having a legal F1 status(OPT) till June 2012.and my change of status was denied because of my lawyer messed up through the application.

Now is it possible to change the company on OPT during next month? my COS denied so, OPT will cancel from 27 dec-2011 and H1 start automatically? can i travel outside USA on F1 status?

i went to USCIS office in memphis and little rock they are saying u r having a legal F1 status till june-2012.and my university is also send me an letter stating that i am having a legal F1 status right now.

please help me for this question.

Your H1B got approved without a COS (without a new I-94) which means your status will not automatically change to H1B. Unless you go out of the country and return back in H1B visa, you will remain in your current OPT status (until OPT expiry date).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

So, if i resign from the company who file my H1B. that doesn't effect my OPT status ..right.....

Comment

Yes, it should not affect. Check with your school's DSO if your SEVIS record is still active.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X