Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrong visa type entered in I-94 3 yrs back, any issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong visa type entered in I-94 3 yrs back, any issues?

Hi All

So here is my situation - I was issued a L1-B in Dec 2008. Using that I traveled in Jan 2009 wherein at the port of entry the I-94 was written as H1.

I noticed this pretty late & by the time I got some sort of an answer by my immigration team, I was abt to leave the country for vacation so thought will get a corrected I-94 anyways.

Since then I have re-entered on a I-94 twice : June 2009 and Aug 2010 & both times it was correctly written as L1B. I recently got a COS to L1A with a I-94 saying L1A.

As I have to go for L1A stamping; will that wrong visa stamp entered like 3 yrs back have an impact? The DS 160 has no place where I could have mentioned this, but if asked by the VO is it acceptable enough to say it was something I never ever noticed?

Thanks for your help.

Should not be an issue. It was indeed a mistake by the officer at the POE who issued it. But it is your responsibility to make sure the issued I-94 is correct. If questioned by the VO explain that it was a mistake. I don't think it will be a problem.
    Last edited by shervin143; 12-11-2011, 02:56 AM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin. I totally understand now after multiple travels and a deeper understanding of the immigration process that we guys need to be equally vigilant...if quizzed will explain accordingly...thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X