H1/H4 stamping together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1/H4 stamping together

MY H-1B is in effect since Oct-11, i am planning my trip to India end of december.
    1) My Court Marriage date is end of dec-11, and I was planning for my H-1B stamping in First Week of January. I am completing DS-160 form online should I mention my status Single/ Married?
    2) Does it critical at the time of H-4 visa interview that spouse name is added in passport or marriage certificate is sufficient
    3) Can i bring my wife for her H-4 Stamping in first week of Jan. as I will have marriage certificate and marriage pics with me by that time just our passports will not endorse us in spouse name?

concern is, we will be married for only few days by the time of interview does it affect the case? anyone with same experience. please respond.

Bharat

1) My Court Marriage date is end of dec-11, and I was planning for my H-1B stamping in First Week of January. I am completing DS-160 form online should I mention my status Single/ Married?
    >>> Mention whatever will be your marital status as of the date of the visa interview.

2) Does it critical at the time of H-4 visa interview that spouse name is added in passport or marriage certificate is sufficient
    >>> Marriage certificate is good enough.

3) Can i bring my wife for her H-4 Stamping in first week of Jan. as I will have marriage certificate and marriage pics with me by that time just our passports will not endorse us in spouse name?
    >>> Yes.

concern is, we will be married for only few days by the time of interview does it affect the case?
    >>> It will not as long as you have enough documents to prove your marriage.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin,

I appreciate your response.

One more thing, in future if I will update ours passport then does it requires the visa stamping again? or I can use my old passport as proof of visa and new passport for entry and exit?

Comment

Visa in the old passport will still be valid and you don't need a new visa until its expiry date. But you will need to carry both the passports during your travel to and from U.S.

Originally posted by centenary View Post
        Thanks Shervin,

I appreciate your response.

One more thing, in future if I will update ours passport then does it requires the visa stamping again? or I can use my old passport as proof of visa and new passport for entry and exit?

Comment

Thanks Shervin,

Question never ends, one process is complete then question for next process.

I guess should be my final question before an interview:

I have completed DS-160 forms online, as a location for interview i have selected Mumbai, and mumbai is not having specific dates i am looking for. I will definitely wait until next few days but is it possible if I want to go for an interview in different location (Delhi/Chennai) then should I need to change my DS 160 application form and submit it again or can I do it with the help of VFS helpdesk?

Thanks in advance.
          your reply certainly helps.

Comment

You can save the application to your desktop. After changing the location, use that to upload and schedule the interview. Also, check with VFS helpdesk and see if they can help.

Originally posted by centenary View Post
            Thanks Shervin,

Question never ends, one process is complete then question for next process.

I guess should be my final question before an interview:

I have completed DS-160 forms online, as a location for interview i have selected Mumbai, and mumbai is not having specific dates i am looking for. I will definitely wait until next few days but is it possible if I want to go for an interview in different location (Delhi/Chennai) then should I need to change my DS 160 application form and submit it again or can I do it with the help of VFS helpdesk?

Thanks in advance.
            your reply certainly helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X