Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to go for H1B Stamping, Mexico or Canada or India

Hi Guys,

I have to go for H1B visa stamping, I live in Seattle, WA. Canada is very close to me(100 Mi).

Here is my case in detail. Please let me know your feedback.

I first came into US on B1 visa(stamping in India) through company YYYY . And I have been sponsored with H1B by a different employer in US. And I was sent to Mexico, Matamoros for Visa stamping in October, 2007 by my employer. When I attended the US consulate for Visa interview, I was told that my current status is B1 and I am trying to change the status to H1B which is kind of misrepresentation(which was purely lack of knowledge on the Visa laws & rules), asked me to wait for few days before consulate people take any decision and after 3 days got a call from US consulate Matamoros, saying my Visa has been approved. I went to the consulate and got my visa stamped ON oct 31 2007 with a Waiver granted. A number on my visa says 212(SMALL D)(3)(A) WAIVER OF 212(A)(6)(C)(1) GRANTED.

Now my Visa is expired and I have valid I797 and I94 until 2014. I have never been out of status or never crossed any immigration laws. I am planning to get my visa renewed in Mexico/Canada as I have plans for vacation to India. I see some TCN rules in the Mexico US consulate website.

Now my question is - Am I eligible to go to Mexico/Canada for my Visa renewal? Or do you suggest to go to India.

Please let me know.

Awaiting your response.

You can go to Canada or Mexico.
    https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/v...gcanadamexico/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X